Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help? Downgraded from Ipad Baseband to 05.13.04 using redsn0w now iMessage not working

Default Help? Downgraded from Ipad Baseband to 05.13.04 using redsn0w now iMessage not working
    Ok, I need a little help. I have an old bootrom 3gs and have been unlocked for sometime on 05.0.1 ios with a ipad baseband on Tmobile. I've never had any issues, except no 3g. Anyway, on Tuesday I decided to downgraded my 3gs from the Ipad baseband to 05.13.04 to take advantage of GPS and such, but now my imessage isn't working. Am I missing something? What can I do to correct this? Do I need to go back to the Ipad baseband?

I've had that problem before, and end up resetting network setting..that fixes it for me...but I don't unlock..

I tried readjusting the network settings and nothing.

Omicron Persei Eight

The odds are: iMessage is experiencing technical difficulties right now. My officially unlocked, stock device can't use the service on T-Mo USA, nor can my friend's on AT&T.

Just hang in there, Apple will fix it in due course.

PS: iMessage should not have any relation to the baseband, assuming your device can send/receive SMS, MMS, EDGE data, and Wi-Fi without any issues.
    Last edited by Orby; 12-05-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Hmm... The only thing I don't understand is my wife's unlocked 3GS is sending iMessages like normal. Mine was as well, until I started tweaking it on Tuesday with the baseband and other cydia apps.

Crap! Well I just tried to convert back to the iPad baseband and still no iMessage. Hmm.
    Last edited by Gjohnson7; 12-05-2012 at 04:21 PM.