Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Jilbreak and Unlock 3GS
12-04-2012, 11:33 AM #1Jilbreak and Unlock 3GS
3GS FW-4.0.1, BB-05.13.04, SN-87031, Win7
Want to jailbreak and unlock with the newest firmware, what are my options. Thanks in advance guys.
12-04-2012, 03:00 PM #2
Keep that baseband 05.13.04,
- use Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze to cook/create (remove iOS 6.0.1 baseband of 05.16.07) custom iOS 6.0.1 .ipsw,
- follow the instructions in Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze to enter "Pwned" dfu mode from regular dfu mode. (Redsn0w select yes to prevent baseband update)
- if using sn0wbreeze open iTunes & when u click "Restore" hold the shift key & select the custom/cooked .ipsw u created on your desktop.
- Install Ultrasn0w from Cydia
- use unlockit.co.nz/ to create APN certificate to use 3G data for your specific carrier.
- Enjoy iOS 6.0.1
- Be good cuz Santa is watching! Lol,
***If your 3GS is "NEW" bootrom, never update to iPad baseband or you'll most likely brick (fry ur radio chip) which can't be fixed. In Sn0wbreeze after you've downloaded the .ipsw it'll ask u A) New bootroom B) Old bootroom or C) Not sure.
If ur not sure select C & let sn0wbreeze detect it for u. Getting this question wrong can cause troubles, don't get it wrong & never update to stock Apple iOS so u can keep that 05.13.04 baseband which can be easily carrier unlocked by ultrasn0w.
Also if it's new bootroom 3GS the jailbreak is "tethered" (must use Redsn0w to boot tethered when rebooting or dead battery) if it's old bootroom 3GS it's in-tethered jailbreak.
Either way query Cydia via Redsn0w to see if u have any shsh blobs available, if u have iOS 5.1.1 that's the best option as of now.
Or if ur jailbroken now on ops 4.1 use iSHSHiT from Cydia & email ur shsh blobs to ur desktop.
Or use iFaith from ih8sn0w.com to get any shsh blobs & save them to ur desktop.
To restore to iOS 5.1.1 you'll need to worry about preventing baseband update & you'll need shsh blobs to add activation to .ipsw also, as Apple is no longer signing iOS 5.1.1.
Last edited by nillam1; 12-04-2012 at 03:16 PM.
12-29-2012, 11:57 AM #3
Tried the procedure above with an old and new bootrom 3GS iphone and both are tethered and the ultrasnow unlock does not work on either phone (no service with T-Mobile sim). Any idea why the old bootrom phone is not untethered and why the ultrasn0w unlock does not work on either phone? Thanks for the help.
12-29-2012, 12:25 PM #4
Well there's no jailbreak for iOS6 for now, so u should update to iOS5.1.1:
Remember to keep ur baseband, not sure if necessary but better save,
then jail break it and unlock it via Cydia ,
12-31-2012, 11:02 AM #5
Does anyone here have a answer to post #3?