+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how can i get ios back onto 3gs

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default how can i get ios back onto 3gs
    hi,i recently got given an iphone 3gs,it was on orange so i took it to a local shop to get it jailbroke,after the jailbreak i could use my 3 sim but because they had downgraded it to ios 4.0 or 4.1..i forget...i couldnt use a lot of apps as the required ios 4.3 or higher.so i spoke to orange and they had apple send me an unlock procedure...i did everything they told me to do but to no avail,tried it in different modes and all i get now after all this is a message saying cant connect to upgrade server(or something along those lines) please try again later,i have been in touch with apple and they said take it to an apple store and pay them 170 and they will sort it (the phone isnt even worth that) is there anything i can do to get an ios on the phone or any way to get the activation to work? thanks in advance

Thanks

What baseband do u have on it... I'm assuming it's iPad BB...if so you should maybe try to downgrade BB..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i dont know what that is,i'm new to the iphone.how would i find that out? bearing in mind that i cant actually get into the phone as it gets stuck at the activation screen.i wondered if there was a program that i could use to put ios onto the phone (i know its probabl not a simple as that) i'm pretty good with computers so what ever needs doing shouldnt be a problem for me,thanks

p.s. what are shsh? where/how do i get these as it seems i will need them.....also i believe my phone has ios 6.01 (latest version of ios,possibly higher i'm unsure) but i cant get into it as i explained earlier,thanks
    Last edited by stu1974; 11-30-2012 at 03:16 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Use tiny umbrella to see what iOS & baseband is on the iphone, I bet u updated to iOS 6.0.1 while it was unlocked with iPad baseband 06.15.00. U should've only used "cooked" firmware with baseband removed/preserved because all iphone baseband's are lower then the iPad baseband.

Therefore you've "corrupted" ur baseband, I'm guessing u had iPad baseband 06.15.00. So u need to "re-flash" the iPad baseband, try to get the shsh blobs by using tiny umbrella or Redsn0w.

If u can confirm its "old bootroom" 3GS with Sn0wbreeze or iDetector from ih8sn0w.com then re-flash the iPad baseband that you've corrupted by updating to stock firmware.

Only if its "old" bootroom do this, then if u don't have correct SIM card u can cook or even stitch an .ipsw in iFaith or expert mode with sn0wbreeze & select "Activate" in sn0wbreeze.

I've had best success by using shsh blobs to get back down to iOS 4.1, then re-flash the iPad baseband & cook a custom iOS 5.1.1 by using shsh blobs from either Tinyumbrella, iFaith (if u get to iOS 5.0.1 or lower) or iSHSHiT in Cydia (if u get Cydia working again)

Only flash iPad baseband on "old" bootroom 3GS' ok!
    Last edited by nillam1; 11-30-2012 at 04:05 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for the help so far,i managed to save the shsh blobs i think ( 1591303554039-iphone2,1-4.1.shsh ) is the file in my shsh folder, it has new bootrom and the baseband is 06.15.00-6.4_M3S2. hope this helps,what do i do next?

Thanks

If it has new bootroom & iPad baseband, then odds are iit should be bricked but there's a grey area where some new bootroom 3GS have the old chip & can supposedly be identified by serial number.

But I had fixed an iPhone 3GS that had the iPad baseband working on it & it was new bootroom. So was your "new bootroom" iPhone 3GS on baseband 06.15.00 & working fine before u updated it to iOS 6.0.1?

If yes there were a small number of "new bootroom" iPhones that had the old bootroom chip & were luckily not bricked when the iPad baseband was flashed or installed! So again, if ur iphone already had the iPad baseband on it & was working unlocked, even though it was a new bootroom model then against all advice, I've fixed this exact problem.

I'm not responsible for what happens to ur iphone but my friend gave me his new bootroom iphone that he bought unlocked with iPad baseband installed, like I said most new bootroom iPhone 3GS should've bricked/fried the radio chip when flashing the iPad baseband but u were lucky because a small number had the old chip.

For me I used the iOS 4.1 shsh blobs to downgrade to iOS 4.1 & I checked the IMEI to find the original carrier which was Bell here in Canada. Just get to iOS 4.1 & from the old activation screen while on iOS 4.1, I flashed the iPad baseband. Then if u have an original carrier sim to activate it in iTunes do that & with Cydia on iOS 4.1 I was able to use iSHSHiT & found iOS 5.1.1 shsh blobs that were not listed before. Only iOS 4.1 & 6.0.1 blobs were recorded in redsn0w query of Cydia for blobs.

If u don't have an original carrier sim, after you've downgraded to iOS 4.1 & flashed the iPad baseband (against all advice on new bootroom but I was lucky & if u say it was working with iPad baseband before, u must be one of the lucky ones that are new bootroom but can use iPad baseband) u can use sn0wbreeze to stitch another iOS 4.1 ipsw in the iFaith mode but also check "Hacktivate" which will activate without SIM card.

After that u can downgrade iPad baseband 06.15.00 with Redsn0w to baseband 05.13.04 which can be unlocked with ultrasn0w like iPad baseband but without GPS problems.

Then u can use iSHSHiT, Tinyumbrella or iFaith to find preferably iOS 5.1.1 shsh's. If not then u stay on iOS 4.1 or use sn0wbreeze or redsn0w to update to (6.0 & 6.0.1 are tethered jailbreak only but if ur only other choice is ios 4.1, then I'd update & boot tethered but thats up to u, try to find ios 5.1.1 shsh blobs would be best) iOS 6.0.1 with cooked (baseband removed) firmware to avoid updating the unlockable 05.13.04 u just downgraded to or to avoid corrupting the iPad baseband which got u in this trouble to begin with. Make sense?

Lol, this worked for me & if ur new bootroom iPhone 3GS was working unlocked with iPad baseband before, it will work for u also.

- downgrade to iOS 4.1
    - flash iPad baseband with redsn0w
    - use IMEI # to find original sim carrier to get a blank SIM card for activation or use sn0wbreeze to Hacktivate
    - use redsnow to downgrade iPad baseband to 05.13.04, after jailbreaking & flashing iPad baseband previously, to downgrade iPad baseband select jailbreak but this time uncheck the install Cydia box, do NOT check upgrade to iPad baseband but DO check downgrade iPad baseband & it'll downgrade to baseband 05.13.04.
    - never restore to stock firmware, always cook ipsw first to prevent updating or corrupting the baseband.
    - choose between iOS 6.0.1 tethered, staying on iOS 4.1 or look for iOS 5.1.1 shsh blobs for best untethered jailbreak option. IMO!
    - I think! Lol
    Last edited by nillam1; 11-30-2012 at 06:53 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

s complicated for me as i dont have the first idea how to do most of that lol,what prog do i need to downgrade to 4.1 and do i need to download the 4.1 ios from the downloads page to be able to instal it? sorry for the noobishness but this is all new to me,thanks

Thanks

Go to www.ih8sn0w.com & download,

- Sn0wbreeze v2.9.7
    - iFaith v1.4.2 &
    - iDetector v1.0.1

Actually here's a "note" I've saved & copy/paste to friends when still learning jailbreaking, start here!

Trusted jailbreak tools/software

These 4 download sites are safe & the only trusted sites u should use k!

There's millions fake jailbreak sites,

***DON'T USE ANY DOWNLOADS OR INFO UNLESS U GET IT FROM BELOW SITES!!!***

"Tinyumbrella" for saving shsh blobs to downgrade iOS in future.
    http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.ca/?m=1

"Redsn0w" has everything.
    http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

"Sn0wbreeze"
    http://ih8sn0w.com/

"Greenpois0n & Absinthe"
    http://greenpois0n.com/

If you have any questions about "jailbreak" heres where I get all my info from, or just google it k!

AppleNBerry Gevey SIM cards official site
    www.applenberry.com

Jailbreak Q&A
    http://www.jailbreakqa.com/

iClarified: http://www.iclarified.com/ (click on either "News or Tutorials" at bottom)

TiPB: http://forums.tipb.com/ (scroll down to Jailbreak forums)

Redmond Pie: http://www.redmondpie.com (trusted reliable info)

These 5 sites are very trustworthy & reliable, if you suspect anything instead of clicking the links, you can copy/paste each into your browser & if they are fraudulent your browser will warn you. They are not bad, these are highly recommended & respected in the jailbreak community. Or just google anything or ask here, K!

Quote Originally Posted by stu1974 View Post
    s complicated for me as i dont have the first idea how to do most of that lol,what prog do i need to downgrade to 4.1 and do i need to download the 4.1 ios from the downloads page to be able to instal it? sorry for the noobishness but this is all new to me,thanks
    U can download the .ipsw firmware files with Sn0wbreeze k
    Last edited by nillam1; 11-30-2012 at 09:20 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hooray,i have managed to get 4.1 on the phone (used snowbreeze to create ios 4.1 using my shsh file i extracted earlier),it has reverted to the original carrier by the looks of things (orange) so i was wondering what to do next (forgive me if you have allready told me in a previous message lol) i could do with updating it to a newer version (certain apps only run in versions 4.3 and higher) and then jailbreaking it (i think) what order should i do it in and how would i go about doing it? thanks

Thanks

Depends what shsh blobs did u find? If u can't find iOS 5.1.1 blobs u can stay on 4.1 or update to 6.0.1, since ur an new bootroom 3GS the iOS 6.0.1 jailbreak is "NOT" untethered but I'm not sure if everything u use in Cydia is iOS 6.0.1 ready.

Now that it shows carrier & it's not "searching" it'd be a good time to fix the baseband, stay on iOS 4.1 but u should use Redsn0w to jailbreak (install Cydia if Cydia is already there just upgrade iPad baseband if its not already upgraded to iPad baseband) & yes select "flash the iPad baseband," "DONT INTERRUPT BASEBAND FLASHING" after it reboots, confirm iPad baseband 06.15.00 in settings, then run redsn0w.

If iPad baseband is already installed just
    jailbreak & when the options come up un-select Cydia (no check marks for Cydia & no checkmark for upgrade to iPad baseband) & select only one box to "downgrade iPad baseband" when it's done you'll have iOS 4.1 & baseband 05.13.04 which can be unlocked with Ultrasn0w.

Then u can update to any iOS u can find blobs for or if no other shsh blobs u can use redsn0w restore (say yes to preventing baseband update) to cook custom 6.0.1 firmware.

But since u need to "Hacktivate" the iPhone (activate without Orange sim) u should use sn0wbreeze >select iOS 5.1.1 or 6.0.1 firmware your choice then >select old bootroom >select "Expert Mode" then select General & click blue arrow in bottom right. Since u don't have Orange sim, check the box to "Activate The iPhone (Hacktivate)" then select> blue arrow again. U can choose to use custom boot logos or un-select the boxes for boot & recovery logo. Your choice to use sn0wbreeze logos or apple logos, click blue arrow again.

Now choose "build .ipsw" & when it's done follow instructions to enter "Pwned" DFU, from regular DFU mode. When in Pwned DFU mode u can close sn0wbreeze & open iTunes & when you click to "Restore" hold shift key & select the firmware you just created.

That's it!

Just remember to preserve unlockable 05.13.04 baseband for unlocking with ultrasn0w, u should never update to stock iOS to prevent auto-update of iOS WHICH IS BAD & most likely what got u in this mess do these 2 things in iTunes on your computer (A: turn OFF auto-update software on your computer in >iTunes >Preferences >General >un-check the "check for new software automatically" *NO CHECKMARK.* & B: Prevent auto Sync in >iTunes >Preferences >Devices >check the "Prevent iPhones, iPods & iPads from syncing automatically" *YES CHECKMARK.*)
    Last edited by nillam1; 11-30-2012 at 03:12 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[QUOTE=nillam1;6719780]Depends what shsh blobs did u find? If u can't find iOS 5.1.1 blobs u can stay on 4.1 or update to 6.0.1, since ur an old bootroom 3GS the iOS 6.0.1 jailbreak is "NOT" tethered but I'm not sure if everything u use in Cydia is iOS 6.0.1 ready.

Now that it shows carrier & it's not "searching" it'd be a good time to fix the baseband, stay on iOS 4.1 but u should use Redsn0w to jailbreak (install Cydia if Cydia is already there just upgrade iPad baseband) & yes select "flash the iPad baseband," "DONT INTERRUPT BASEBAND FLASHING"

it only gives me the option to downgrade from ipad baseband, also it searches for a minute or so and then says no service,is that how it should be? thanks

Thanks

[QUOTE=stu1974;6719804]
    Quote Originally Posted by nillam1 View Post
    Depends what shsh blobs did u find? If u can't find iOS 5.1.1 blobs u can stay on 4.1 or update to 6.0.1, since ur an old bootroom 3GS the iOS 6.0.1 jailbreak is "NOT" tethered but I'm not sure if everything u use in Cydia is iOS 6.0.1 ready.

Now that it shows carrier & it's not "searching" it'd be a good time to fix the baseband, stay on iOS 4.1 but u should use Redsn0w to jailbreak (install Cydia if Cydia is already there just upgrade iPad baseband) & yes select "flash the iPad baseband," "DONT INTERRUPT BASEBAND FLASHING"

it only gives me the option to downgrade from ipad baseband, also it searches for a minute or so and then says no service,is that how it should be? thanks
    I know this is confusing but if u haven't re-flashed the iPad baseband after it was corrupted u need to re-flash it.

If youve already re-flashed it, just downgrade cuz iPad baseband is already installed. If you had iPad baseband & corrupted it u need to re-flash it

If its doing the searching thing, the iPad baseband is corrupted & u need to re-flash it.

If its ok & says no sim, then downgrade iPad baseband.
    Last edited by nillam1; 11-30-2012 at 02:39 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

great stuff mate,this might sound like a stupid question bet when i hacktivate it when upgrading to ios 5.1.1,does this unlock to all networks or do i need to jailbreak it again once new ios is installed? thanks

Thanks

Just because iPad baseband is there doesn't mean it's ok, if you corrupted it by restoring or resseting the iphone with iPad baseband present it's corrupted.

great stuff mate,this might sound like a stupid question bet when i hacktivate it when upgrading to ios 5.1.1,does this unlock to all networks or do i need to jailbreak it again once new ios is installed? thanks
    Hacktivating it with snow breeze gets u past iTunes activation screen on locked iPhones like orange, without orange sim.

After u get it hacktivated & u can use the iPhone as if u had proper Orange sim card, then u can open Cydia & install ultrasn0w, along with the 05.13.04 baseband u downgraded to is the reason any gsm sim will work!

When u restore to the sn0wbreeze custom ipsw that has hacktivation box checked it does 2 things

A) removes/prevents upgrading of baseband to leave it alone & preserve the 05.13.04 u need for unlocking carrier with Ultrasn0w from Cydia & it just installs the iOS. If this wasn't done on iPhone with iPad baseband 06.15.00 it would corrupt it with a lower stock apple baseband also if u didn't cook/remove stock baseband on the 05.13.04 baseband it would update to a higher baseband but lower than iPad. If u didn't need unlock this would be ok going lower to higher but u do need unlock so hence we preserved the baseband.

B) the hacktivation is getting past iTunes activation screen without Orange sim card
    Last edited by nillam1; 11-30-2012 at 02:57 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i get the no sim message now,when i go into redsnow it has a check box for install ipad baseband,then i get a message saying i can only install it if i have a certain version of the 3gs,u heard of this?

Thanks

i get the no sim message now,when i go into redsnow it has a check box for install ipad baseband,then i get a message saying i can only install it if i have a certain version of the 3gs,u heard of this?
    Yes it means u have one of the few "new bootroom" iPhone 3GS that luckily still had the old chip, if its like u said earlier on u had the iPad baseband & it was working, unlocked before u messed it up in the first place correct?

If u had iPad baseband on it already, u need to downgrade the iPad baseband.

Although its new bootroom & warns u not to install iPad baseband, since u said u already had iPad baseband on it u must have one of the new bootroom iPhones with old chip.

Since u already had iPad baseband you must've corrupted it & you'd need to re flash it, then downgrade it.
    Last edited by nillam1; 11-30-2012 at 03:08 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it was jailbroke b4 i messid it up yes,i tried to do an unlock procedure i got from apple and thats what stuffed it up.....can i still upgrade to ios 5.1 with the new bootrom? if so do i do it as you said earlier but click new bootrom instead of old bootrom when creating ios?

Thanks

it was jailbroke b4 i messid it up yes,i tried to do an unlock procedure i got from apple and thats what stuffed it up.....can i still upgrade to ios 5.1 with the new bootrom? if so do i do it as you said earlier but click new bootrom instead of old bootrom when creating ios?
    Does the iphone say searching or no sim?

Also when tried the "Apple" procedure is that when it screwed up?

Was this iPhone working with iPad baseband?

Apple doesn't have an "unlock" procedure, they told u to connect it to iTunes & restore it right?

Plus forget about the iOS 5.1 for now no u can't update it to iOS 5.1.1 because u have iPad baseband! U can't ever update it to any stock iOS because they all have baseband lower the iPad baseband & that corrupts it. U can only upgrade to stock baseband after youve downgraded it to 05.13.04 but again u shouldnt cuz u need to unlock with ultrasnow & it only works with 05.13.04 baseband or 06.15.00 ipad baseband u dont want. u need to concentrate on ur baseband. Use Tinyumbrella to see what iOS & baseband ur on, last time u said it was iOS 4.1 with iPad baseband 06.15.00, is that where ur at now?
    Last edited by nillam1; 11-30-2012 at 03:24 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes apple charged me 20 to basically say upgrade ur phone,but because of the jailbreak it didnt work and caused this whole thing.... ios 4.1 and ipad baseband 06.15.00 is what i have on the phone at the moment.

Thanks

yes apple charged me 20 to basically say upgrade ur phone,but because of the jailbreak it didnt work and caused this whole thing.... ios 4.1 and ipad baseband 06.15.00 is what i have on the phone at the moment.
    It was working on iPad baseband at one point right?

When exactly did the iPad baseband get installed on that iphone?

LinkBacks (?)