+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how can i get ios back onto 3gs

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
to be honest i had a shop jailbreak it for me,it was working b4 and after the jailbreak,i screwed it up when i tried to recover it with itunes, the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

to be honest i had a shop jailbreak it for me,it was working b4 and after the jailbreak,i screwed it up when i tried to recover it with itunes, the jailbreak was done about 2 months ago.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stu1974 View Post
    to be honest i had a shop jailbreak it for me,it was working b4 and after the jailbreak,i screwed it up when i tried to recover it with itunes, the jailbreak was done about 2 months ago.
    Was it working unlocked with iPad baseband?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it worked b4 and after the jailbreak,after the jailbreak it worked with my 3 sim card but the ios was too low for a lot of apps which is why i tried what apple told me to do,since then it has been busted (until today when ur expertise has brought it back to life lol) had the jailbreak done by a shop about 2 months ago

EDIT...dont know what baseband it had as i have only tried to do anything with it today

worked with jailbreak but then wouldnt activate after i tried the ios 6.1 upgrade....couldnt get into the phone at all and i knew nothing about what we have done today b4 i posted in this forum
    Last edited by stu1974; 11-30-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Thanks

A) Is the iPhone staying on? Or does it reboot all by itself?

B) Have u flashed the iPad baseband today? (You'll know cuz it'll have the pineapple red snow logo & say its flashing iPad baseband)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the phone is staying on,i downgraded the baseband after i installed ios 4.1 when i jailbroke it,if i go into redsnow to jailbreak now it gives me this options to tick,install ipad baseband and downgrade from ipad baseband...hope this helps,tell me if i'm doing it all wrong plz lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nillam1 View Post
    If it has new bootroom & iPad baseband, then odds are iit should be bricked but there's a grey area where some new bootroom 3GS have the old chip & can supposedly be identified by serial number.

But I had fixed an iPhone 3GS that had the iPad baseband working on it & it was new bootroom. So was your "new bootroom" iPhone 3GS on baseband 06.15.00 & working fine before u updated it to iOS 6.0.1?

If yes there were a small number of "new bootroom" iPhones that had the old bootroom chip & were luckily not bricked when the iPad baseband was flashed or installed! So again, if ur iphone already had the iPad baseband on it & was working unlocked, even though it was a new bootroom model then against all advice, I've fixed this exact problem.

I'm not responsible for what happens to ur iphone but my friend gave me his new bootroom iphone that he bought unlocked with iPad baseband installed, like I said most new bootroom iPhone 3GS should've bricked/fried the radio chip when flashing the iPad baseband but u were lucky because a small number had the old chip.

For me I used the iOS 4.1 shsh blobs to downgrade to iOS 4.1 & I checked the IMEI to find the original carrier which was Bell here in Canada. Just get to iOS 4.1 & from the old activation screen while on iOS 4.1, I flashed the iPad baseband. Then if u have an original carrier sim to activate it in iTunes do that & with Cydia on iOS 4.1 I was able to use iSHSHiT & found iOS 5.1.1 shsh blobs that were not listed before. Only iOS 4.1 & 6.0.1 blobs were recorded in redsn0w query of Cydia for blobs.

If u don't have an original carrier sim, after you've downgraded to iOS 4.1 & flashed the iPad baseband (against all advice on new bootroom but I was lucky & if u say it was working with iPad baseband before, u must be one of the lucky ones that are new bootroom but can use iPad baseband) u can use sn0wbreeze to stitch another iOS 4.1 ipsw in the iFaith mode but also check "Hacktivate" which will activate without SIM card.

After that u can downgrade iPad baseband 06.15.00 with Redsn0w to baseband 05.13.04 which can be unlocked with ultrasn0w like iPad baseband but without GPS problems.

Then u can use iSHSHiT, Tinyumbrella or iFaith to find preferably iOS 5.1.1 shsh's. If not then u stay on iOS 4.1 or use sn0wbreeze or redsn0w to update to (6.0 & 6.0.1 are tethered jailbreak only but if ur only other choice is ios 4.1, then I'd update & boot tethered but thats up to u, try to find ios 5.1.1 shsh blobs would be best) iOS 6.0.1 with cooked (baseband removed) firmware to avoid updating the unlockable 05.13.04 u just downgraded to or to avoid corrupting the iPad baseband which got u in this trouble to begin with. Make sense?

Lol, this worked for me & if ur new bootroom iPhone 3GS was working unlocked with iPad baseband before, it will work for u also.

- downgrade to iOS 4.1
    - flash iPad baseband with redsn0w
    - use IMEI # to find original sim carrier to get a blank SIM card for activation or use sn0wbreeze to Hacktivate
    - use redsnow to downgrade iPad baseband to 05.13.04, after jailbreaking & flashing iPad baseband previously, to downgrade iPad baseband select jailbreak but this time uncheck the install Cydia box, do NOT check upgrade to iPad baseband but DO check downgrade iPad baseband & it'll downgrade to baseband 05.13.04.
    - never restore to stock firmware, always cook ipsw first to prevent updating or corrupting the baseband.
    - choose between iOS 6.0.1 tethered, staying on iOS 4.1 or look for iOS 5.1.1 shsh blobs for best untethered jailbreak option. IMO!
    - I think! Lol
    Ur only chance now since u had the iPad baseband on it is to re-flash or re-install the iPad baseband & ignore the warning when u select "new bootroom"

The iPad baseband needs to be re-flashed cuz it's corrupted.

After it re-flashes the iPad baseband that was corrupted, let it reboot & u need to do it again. Jailbreak with redsn0w & select only downgrade iPad baseband.

This is ur only chance

the phone is staying on,i downgraded the baseband after i installed ios 4.1 when i jailbroke it,if i go into redsnow to jailbreak now it gives me this options to tick,install ipad baseband and downgrade from ipad baseband...hope this helps,tell me if i'm doing it all wrong plz lol
    Did the 06.15.00 iPad baseband get downgraded to 05.13.04?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

right bud,just done the downgrade and tinyumbrella now says i have baseband version 05.13.04...have i finally got it right? lol

how do i go about upgrading the ios now then? should i make it with snowbreeze like b4?
    Last edited by stu1974; 11-30-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks

right bud,just done the downgrade and tinyumbrella now says i have baseband version 05.13.04...have i finally got it right? lol
    Yes, is Cydia installed?

If yes u can open Cydia, connect to wifi & install "Ultrasn0w" then reboot ur iPhone with ur SIM card in it & u should get signal bars.

After u have signal bars u need to do as follows if u want to use 3G data,

Since its an orange iphone, go to this site in safari on ur iphone when connected to wifi (until u get 3G data, you'll need wifi to do this) & install your carriers APN settings/certificate if u want to use 3G data.

www.unlockit.co.nz/

& on the bottom, 2nd from left find your carrier & create/install the APN settings. This will allow u to use your carriers data on 3G & that "Orange" iPhone

It will say there's 3G connection but u need to install your specific carriers APN settingd for wtvr SIM card ur using, this has nothing to do with jailbreaking or unlocking its for 3G data to work.

To test 3G data, use AppStore app called "Speedtest.net" seeing the 3G symbol in status bar isn't enough. You'll know if after u install certificate with wifi, turn wifi off & test ur 3G data speed. If Speedtest.net allows u to test data speed of ur 3G while wifi is off, then u did it correct. If it doesn't then u need to turn wifi back on to get the APN carrier certificate installed.

how do i go about upgrading the ios now then? should i make it with snowbreeze like b4?
    Is the iPhone working now? Wait a minute for the iOS update, just tell me if its working on iOS 4.1 with 05.13.04 baseband.

Since ur iPhone is technically "new" bootroom u will need shsh's blobs & if u can't find iOS 5.1.1 blobs with iSHSHiT in Cydia or Redsn0w query, then ur only choice is current iOS 6.0.1 which will be tethered jailbreak & I'm not sure if ultrasn0w works on iOS 6.0.1. I've not jailbroken any 3GS iPhones on iOS 6.0.1 & tried ultrasn0w. U should research before u update ios
    Last edited by nillam1; 11-30-2012 at 05:11 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

cheers for the info,i'll do everything other than update the ios tonight,then its bed time for me...can we carry this on 2moro? ie upgrading ios,thanks

Thanks

cheers for the info,i'll do everything other than update the ios tonight,then its bed time for me...can we carry this on 2moro? ie upgrading ios,thanks
    Dude don't leave me hanging, I've asked u 2 times if Cydia is working on iOS 4.1 with 05.13.04?

Ur killing me here, I don't know if I helped or made it worse & now u want to not update me?

Don't tickle my ***** with a feather then go to bed! Lol, update

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol sorry mate,yes cydia is working,i installed ultrasn0w and the sim has been recognised,i have just done the safari APN setting and all seems good,just about to do the speedtest.net 3g test so its all looking great so far,i'll update u on the speedtest b4 i go to bed,thanks for all your help,i bet its been like teaching a blind man how to paint lol

1.22 mbps download and 0.24 upload on 3g speed test....thanks again for your help,anything else u need to know b4 i go to bed? lol
    Last edited by stu1974; 11-30-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Thanks

lol sorry mate,yes cydia is working,i installed ultrasn0w and the sim has been recognised,i have just done the safari APN setting and all seems good,just about to do the speedtest.net 3g test so its all looking great so far,i'll update u on the speedtest b4 i go to bed,thanks for all your help,i bet its been like teaching a blind man how to paint lol
    That's good news "matey!" Argh-argh-argh, chips ahoy & caP'n crunch to y'all! Lol, jk!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol excellent work,are we ok to have a go at upgrading ios 2moro? hardly any apps work on ios 4.1....thanks

Thanks

1.22 mbps download and 0.24 upload on 3g speed test....thanks again for your help,anything else u need to know b4 i go to bed? lol
    No, your excused young man! Chop-chop-Cheerios, straight to bed with no desert! Lol

Thanks

lol excellent work,are we ok to have a go at upgrading ios 2moro? hardly any apps work on ios 4.1....thanks
    I'd recommend trying to get iOS 5.1.1 blobs if they were hopefully saved by previous owner, use Redsn0w0.9.15b3 to "Query" in the >Extras >SHSH >Query, to see what blobs are available.

If u have the iOS 5.1.1 shsh blobs showing in Cydia query, then u can safely use Redsn0w to Restore in the >Extras >Even More >Restore, select the iOS 5.1.1 .ipsw (if u don't have the appropriate .ipsw iOS firmware, use sn0wbreeze to download them to ur desktop) then plug ur iPhone in & follow instructions for DFU mode. Select "Remote blobs" & make sure u say "yes" when it asks if you'd like Redsn0w to prevent baseband from updating.

If u can't find shsh blobs that way or with Tinyumbrella or iSHSHiT in Cydia then your only choice is to go up to iOS 6.0.1 & jailbreak tethered, since its a 3GS with crappy battery life just always have ur iphone charged or be near a computer to boot tethered.

iOS 6.0.1 tethered is better than iOS 4.1 IMO but if u can get to iOS 5.1.1, that's where u want to be!

Wtvr u do just preserve that 05.13.04 baseband for ultrasn0w & research or double check to confirm ultrasn0w works to unlock on iPhone 3GS iOS 6.0.1, k! I haven't tried but I think it'll work on any iOS as long as u use Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze to preserve that baseband.

If u need any of the links, go back to the first page of this thread & go to my 3rd post. Everything you'll need is there, k!
    ✌😜✌
    Last edited by nillam1; 12-01-2012 at 02:05 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey,i dont have the blobs for 5.5.1 so its looking like a 6.0.1 install,what is "tethered" ? is that my only option if i want to update ios? thanks

Thanks

hey,i dont have the blobs for 5.5.1 so its looking like a 6.0.1 install,what is "tethered" ? is that my only option if i want to update ios? thanks
    Tethered refers to the jailbreak, meaning if ur battery dies or u reboot/power on-off ur iphone it'll need to be connected to ur computer & then u run redsn0w & select "boot tethered."

It's because the jailbreakers who make the next jailbreak haven't figured it out 100% but they've figured out how to jailbreak it & release the jailbreak "tethered" & you'll need to re-run Redsn0w anytime your iphone is turned on or off for any reason.

It's 5.1.1 btw, plus how did u look for the blobs? Did u query Cydia with Redsn0w?

Also I know for a fact that "Orange" will IMEI unlock ur iPhone, officially unlock it forever via IMEI # & Apple servers.

If u look on ebay or google "Orange" (make sure u get the right orange Ireland, u.k. or wtvr Orange carrier it's locked to) if u don't know search google for "free IMEI carrier check" & u can find out for free what carrier it is locked to.

So use the IMEI # to find carrier which is usually free or $1.00, then u find a reputable unlocker & u can get it officially IMEI unlocked forever for $20 to $100.

Being that its an iPhone 3GS u don't want to pay too much but I bet u can get it officially unlocked for around or under $50.

The process is simple, u give them ur IMEI # & use a place that guarantees the process & will refund u if it can't be done. If it can be done, they'll notify u within a couple hours or a couple days at most.

This way you'll never need to worry about jailbreaking or unlocking, u can still jailbreak but it'll be officially unlocked forever for any gsm sim carrier worldwide & u won't need to preserve, prevent or worry about the baseband.

Lastly make sure you've saved the current iOS 6.1.1 blobs, u must save current shsh blobs with Tinyumbrella or submit them with Redsn0w when Apple is still signing them. Do it ASAP/immediately for all ur iDevices with each new iOS Apple releases, if they decide to release iOS 6.1 or wtvr is next, if u haven't saved iOS 6.0.1 blobs while signing is still open, it's gone forever.
    Last edited by nillam1; 12-01-2012 at 05:58 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi,i have allready paid orange 20 to do the imei unlock with apple,thats what messed up the phone in the first place,i spoke to apple and they said it was due to a third party downgrade (the shop had to downgrade it to get jailbreak to work apparantly) i did the procedure that apple e-mailed to me,basically restore the phone which meant updating to ios 6.0.1,during that process everything seemed to be going fine until i tried to get back into the phone,it then got stuck at the activation screen,said it couldnt connect to apples servers and to try later...do you think the same would happen now if i was to try this again? thanks

as for the blobs,i used redsnow and littleumbrella and ishshit on the iphone,only get 4.1 and 6.0.1

Thanks

hi,i have allready paid orange 20 to do the imei unlock with apple,thats what messed up the phone in the first place,i spoke to apple and they said it was due to a third party downgrade (the shop had to downgrade it to get jailbreak to work apparantly) i did the procedure that apple e-mailed to me,basically restore the phone which meant updating to ios 6.0.1,during that process everything seemed to be going fine until i tried to get back into the phone,it then got stuck at the activation screen,said it couldnt connect to apples servers and to try later...do you think the same would happen now if i was to try this again? thanks

as for the blobs,i used redsnow and littleumbrella and ishshit on the iphone,only get 4.1 and 6.0.1
    Holy crap! The unlock didn't work because the 06.15.00 iPad baseband, if the 05.13.04 baseband is on it, I'd bet that if u connect to iTunes & restore it now u will get the magical "CONGRATULATIONS YOUR IPHONE IS OFFICIALLY UNLOCKED" message!!!!! Because the current baseband for iPhone 3GS 6.0.1 is 05.16.07. (U can always go up in baseband, never down) <except with 3GS & redsn0w from 06.15.00 down to 05.13.04.

Do it dude! Connect to iTunes & hit restore. It will work this time, it only didn't work cuz it had the iPad baseband on it. Any iphone baseband, even the most current baseband included with iOS 6.0.1 on 3GS is still lower than iPads 06.15.00 baseband but now you've got it back down to 05.13.04 baseband it'll be factory unlocked!

Just connect it to iTunes with the lower & recently downgraded 05.13.04 baseband, the iOS doesn't matter 4.0+, 5.0+ or 6.0+ (its only when restoring a higher baseband over a lower baseband that corrupts/screws things up) hit restore & make sure u have any other SIM card except original "ORANGE" sim & it'll activate it & give u the factory unlocked "Congratulations"

That is of course, only if u say that u had it IMEI unlocked with orange. It'll work now, I bet/I hope/I cannot guarantee but if it doesn't work then u can always re-install/re-flash iPad baseband to then be able to re-install/re-downgrade back to the unlockable 05.13.04 if it doesn't work.

Then you'll be in the same predicament, you'll be able to jailbreak tethered on iOS 6.0.1 but you'll never have to worry about baseband's or cooking/removing baseband's from iOS .ipsw's & you'll be able to update to the latest iOS & only worry if jailbreak is ready yet.

Also don't forget to use Tinyumbrella, Redsn0w & iSHSHit to at least save the iOS 6.0.1 blobs now k!

It'll work if u didn't ask for a refund from Orange after u tried restoring to current iOS 6.0.1 & 05.16.07, which corrupted the higher iPad baseband u should never have had on ur new bootroom 3GS. (Luckily u didn't fry/cook/brick <all very bad, your baseband chip which is fortunately an old chip, in new bootroom device)

If ur iPhones IMEI is still in the apple server as unlocked, after u paid 20 to Orange everything "SHOULD" be fine.
    Last edited by nillam1; 12-02-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks

Check/Google "The iPhone wiki" & go to the "firmware" section for referencing all proper iOS #'s & corresponding baseband #'s ok!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)