+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wanting to upgrade ios to 5.

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have an older 3gs (jail Broken) Version 4.3.3 (8j2) Firmware 05.16.02 I've had this phone for a while now and got no issues the problem I'm running into is,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default wanting to upgrade ios to 5.
    I have an older 3gs (jail Broken)

Version 4.3.3 (8j2)
    Firmware 05.16.02

I've had this phone for a while now and got no issues the problem I'm running into is, most updates now are annoying the heck out of me saying I need IOS 5+....

So what I'd like to do is back up the bought apps I have mainly and phone contacts, restore the phone and upgrade to os 5. and then re-jail break my phone...Is it really worth it since odds are by mid Jan I'll be getting my wifes 4s and she is getting the iphone 5...I'm just getting annoyed with the whole oh I want this...oh wait can't need os 5...grrrr

Please help and again look at my account name I'm a noob and don't know **** so feel free to talk to me like a old man NOOB...lol

I just don't want to brick this phone trying to un jail break it to upgrade to os 5...if I can get there then I know I can re-jail break it...well atlease I think I can since I've done like 5 phone with minimal issues....love redsnow..

Thanks in advance..
    The Noob

Thanks
    Thanked 4,264 Times in 1,603 Posts

Apple is only signing 6.0.1 so I think u have missed the iOS 5 signing window.
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can I just get the os 5 from the download site like I clarify and install it on my phone like when I jailed breaked it.. if that makes any sense....

And if I did go with os 6.0.1 wont it be a slow pig on my 3gs..??? Or can I even do that?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,054 Times in 4,200 Posts

Can't just download the ipsw without having the blobs for it. And no it will run good my 3GS is on 6.0.1 jail broke and running good.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Can't just download the ipsw without having the blobs for it. And no it will run good my 3GS is on 6.0.1 jail broke and running good.
    So how do I go about doing so then??? how do I back up my apps...then restore phone without turning it into a brick? and then I can only find the jail break os 5.0.1 I think @ iclarify...

Where do I get the jail break for 6....and the main question is how to back up and restore without messing up my phone.

Thanks

2k1
    Thanks

When ya plug in ya phone right click when it recognizes it and click back up. Top left corner on this site they have a tab I want to jailbreak that will bring ya to a page follow them directions and it will bring ya to a tutorial about it all.

I see ya on 4.3.3 you will have to sync ya phone and then update it and after its all said and done you will be at 6.0.1 and it will give ya instructions what all ya want to put back on ya phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    When ya plug in ya phone right click when it recognizes it and click back up. Top left corner on this site they have a tab I want to jailbreak that will bring ya to a page follow them directions and it will bring ya to a tutorial about it all.

I see ya on 4.3.3 you will have to sync ya phone and then update it and after its all said and done you will be at 6.0.1 and it will give ya instructions what all ya want to put back on ya phone.

I want to put back all the apps that I paid for from like bigboss in cydia..

2k1
    Thanks

If ya jailbreak it again in cydia under account settings it keeps all ya paid tweaks and themes ya ever bought with cydia with the account ya used. Via Facebook or amazon