+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Black Screen Stuck in dfu mode

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I got an ipod touch 4th gen from a friend and it is stuck in dfu mode with a black screen. At first I got 3194 error when trying to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Black Screen Stuck in dfu mode
    I got an ipod touch 4th gen from a friend and it is stuck in dfu mode with a black screen. At first I got 3194 error when trying to restore with itunes and then I used tinyumbrella and started the tss server then I would get 1600 and 1601 error. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mathewkry View Post
    I got an ipod touch 4th gen from a friend and it is stuck in dfu mode with a black screen. At first I got 3194 error when trying to restore with itunes and then I used tinyumbrella and started the tss server then I would get 1600 and 1601 error. Any help is appreciated.
    You'll need to use Pwned DFU mode (use redsn0w's Extras -> Pwned DFU option, redsn0w 0.9.15b3 is available here) and stitch together an IPSW with blobs (Extras -> SHSH blobs -> Stitch, select your IPSW you want to restore to then "remote,"). Those two things in combination should help you complete a restore.

NOTE: You must have SHSH blobs for the version of iOS you're trying to restore to. The only blobs available from Apple right now are for 6.0.1, any other version of iOS will require the previous owner having saved the blobs earlier.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When I go to stitch and select the 6.0.1 firmware it says stitching for the ispw is not currently available. Instead I tried going to extra's then even more and then went to restore and installed blobs and it got stuck on waiting for nand. Do you have any more ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

6.0.1 is currently being signed, don't need to stitch it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had a similar problem and pwned dfu didn't work. The 16XX errors are also sometimes usb timing problems. I cleaned the connector on my iphone and reinstalled itunes and the problem went away. I can't say which one did the job.