+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No signal / baseband problem (I think)

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Ok, soooo.... I was given an unactivated iphone 3g. I tried to jailbreak it with redsn0w, which seemed to go fine until I put my vodafone simcard in afterwards and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default No signal / baseband problem (I think)
    Ok, soooo....

I was given an unactivated iphone 3g. I tried to jailbreak it with redsn0w, which seemed to go fine until I put my vodafone simcard in afterwards and got no signal.
    I looked into it and think it might be something to do with ******* up something to do with the baseband (not sure what this means). Possibly because I didn't select the IPSW before I started.
    I went through these instructions to up then downgrade the BB, then installed untrasn0w. After this I still have no signal, but now the signal bar says searching... instead of being stuck on empty, and extra options have appeared in the settings such as cellular data settings which seems to recognise vodafone as the carrier. none of this came up beforehand.
    I take it I was meant to upgrade to something like 6.15 basesband, then down to 5.13, but when looking at the phone info it still says modem firmware 5.15, so I'm thinking maybe what I tried from that link didn't actually do anything?
    I don't actually know what the hell I'm talking about, so if anyone knows what I've done / need to do I will be forever grateful!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,645 Times in 1,954 Posts

Hey man,

I have fixed a few 3Gs, u sometimes need to run the baseband downgrade process a second time. I think it's like step 5 or 6? One I worked on showed blank in the modem firmware in Settings>About so I ran it again and it worked. Yuh it says searching once downgraded but should work if it shows 5.13. I found 2 degrees sims worked the best after the UltraSn0w unlock via Cydia. I never ran the Whited00r step.

See how u go

Follow this tutorial

http://www.whited00r.com/tutorial-do...ipad-baseband/
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 11-17-2012 at 07:44 PM.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply. That link says it's for going from 6.15 to 5.13. I've read a few times that you cannot go from 5.15 straight to 5.13, which my phone is on at the moment. Using redsn0w to upgrade to 6.15 didn't work so I'm guessing this won't work as is?

Thanks

I think u need to start again as per the tutorial I posted. Follow it step by step and you should be fine.

Building the custom IPSW puts the 6.15 iPad baseband into the IPSW. Redsn0w then downgrades in the latter steps when selected. See how u go
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 11-18-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

All 3g iphones can upgraded to ipad baseband and then downgrade back to 05.13.xx to be unlocked by Ultrasn0w.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks guys, i thought i had done something with the baseband that can't be undone but i'll give it a go and report back

Thanks

It will just need to be reflashed(downgraded) via redsn0w. Just let it do it's thing and you should be fine.

Thanks

Which version of Redsn0w are you using to upgrade to Ipad bb. I assume you are at IOS 4.2.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks. yes i am, and i'm using the very latest version of redsn0w i only did it a few days ago

so just to make sure...i use iTunes and a custom ipsw to get up to 6.15, then i can use redsnow to go down to 5.13, correct?
    Last edited by fairycakes; 11-18-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Thanks

You can take the path you mentioned or restore to the intended firmware first, then use redsn0w to update to ipad bb and then run redsn0w to downgrade your bb.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried, but when trying to restore through itunes i got the message "the iphone could not be restored. an unknown error occurred" both with the custom firmware and the original apple firmware. the generic solutions for the error numbers on the itunes website of course didn't solve the problem.
    my phone is now stuck in recovery mode and gives me the logo to connect to itunes when i turn it on.

Thanks

Did u follow the tutorial I posted step for step? Both my iPhone 3G's were in recovery mode that would show "Connect to iTunes" only. You have to follow that tutorial step for step. Are you on PC or Mac? My friend had issues via PC doing the same tutorial but when I used my Mac I never had issues like he did. Are you first downloading the 4.2.1 IPSW via iTunes? iTunes should have detected that u needed that. Your iPhone will need to be put in DFU mode for the computer to recognize. Simple hold the power button at the top of the phone for 5secs, then after that keep holding down the power button but now hold down the Home button as well for 10secs then let go off the power/ lock button but keep holding the Home button still for another 10secs. Are u directing the snowbreeze tool to the original IPSW 4.2.1 that is unmodified first?u also need to keep another version of the 4.2.1 IPSW that isn't modified for Step 5. When you are getting to this step what IPSW's are in your iTunes IPSW folder? I made sure it was only the untouched 4.2.1 IPSW so iTunes didn't try installing my Custom 4.2.1 IPSW. What steps are you getting up to???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i'm stuck at step 3. I'm on a PC
    I have downloaded the original IPSW, then made a new custom version with snowbreeze. I then plug my phone in and itunes recognizes it as in recovery mode, but when i press SHIFT + restore and choose either IPSW, i get the same error message, either number 1600, 1604, 2003 or 2005, it keeps changing. i searched about and found this

FIX: "iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1600, 1601, 1602, 1603, 1604)"

...but it hasn't worked. i can use this to get in to a PWNED DFU mode, but i still get the error in itunes, whichever IPSW i choose
    Last edited by fairycakes; 11-19-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Thanks

Are u powering the phone off and then putting it into DFU mode before plugging into iTunes?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes

Thanks

Bummer. Do u know anyone with a Mac is about my only last bit of advice if you can't get it to work with the iReb app via windows. Wish I could help more sorry

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no problem thanks a lot for the help. yes i do, i'll follow your tutorial on there and report back

Thanks

Don't build a custom ipsw with Ipad baseband, if you want to restore to cfw. If your iphone is not hardware related, you should be able to restore to the latest stock firmware which is 4.2.1 from recovery mode if your iphone does not have ipad bb installed yet.
    Last edited by iYeow; 11-19-2012 at 01:26 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok, i managed to fix my earlier error problem, i got iREB to work. turns out it was simply because i was pressing OK when it told me it had finished.

so i restored to the custom firmware, but it was still running on bb 5.15. i then tried the original apple firmware, and it's still the same. how do i get it up to 6.15?

edit - or is that correct, and that's what i use redsn0w for? if so, i think i'm back to the very beginning, can someone point out where i went wrong in the first place before i start again please?
    Last edited by fairycakes; 11-19-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Thanks

Is your iphone already restored ? What version have you restored to ? If you are just run redsn0w and update to ipad bb and then run again to downgrade your bb.
    Last edited by iYeow; 11-19-2012 at 02:13 PM.