Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 4s 5.1.1 stuck in recovery mode, won't restore

Hey everyone, I tried to restore my girlfriends jailbroken 4s today, it's on 5.1.1 and I wanted to restore it back to 5.1.1 considering there isn't a jailbreak out yet for ios6. So I tried it, and got an error telling me that the device isn't eligible for the requested build. I tried it again, this time attempting to restore it to 6.0.1. Still no go. I try it more, using tinyumbrella to help, still nothing. lots of different errors. 11, 6, 1600, 1604, just to name a few. Now the phone is stuck in recovery mode, I'm not sure if I have any shsh blobs saved, and no matter what computer I'm using I can't get it to restore. Now the error is nothing but the "not eligible" error. Although I do still get error 11 when using tinyumbrella. this goes for both firmwares, 5.1.1 and 6.0.1. Anything I can do? My girlfriend wants to take it to the apple store but I'm sure they won't be able to help. Any ideas? I've done this many times and never had a problem like this. Thanks for the help.

just got error 21 without using tinyumbrella.
    Last edited by matdogg; 11-11-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,757 Times in 2,646 Posts

Your hosts file is probably set to cydia, remove any reference to gs.apple.com under your hosts file and restore to 6.0.1

When I tried restoring it with a computer that had never been used to jailbreak an iphone though, still the same error. I'll try it again tonight on my pc instead of a mac and get back to you.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,757 Times in 2,646 Posts

Ya, try using a pc to restore.

Keep holding home button and sleep for a while for bout 2 mins it will restart

Hi
    I have same problem before and try many way. Finally I have solve it by using Resnow latest version. Now I in jailbroken 5.1.1 again.

Try these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Connect the device to iTunes, confirm that the device is in Recovery Mode. If it's not in Recovery Mode, put iPhone 4S into Recovery Mode.
    2. Restore and wait for error 1604.
    3. When prompted, click OK.
    4. Close and reopen iTunes while iPhone remains connected.
    5. iPhone should now be recognized in Recovery Mode again.
    6. Try to restore iPhone from backup again.

If the steps above do not resolve the issue, try restoring using a known-good USB cable, computer, and network connection.
    Last edited by sunmykim; 04-02-2013 at 09:47 AM.