Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Absinthe vs. Redsn0w to Jailbreak iPhone 4S 5.1.1?

What's Jailbreak? Arkapigdiesel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Default Absinthe vs. Redsn0w to Jailbreak iPhone 4S 5.1.1?
    I don't understand why there's different programs that jailbreak and if there are any functional differences between the finished product. I've used both in the past, and as far as I can tell, both accomplished what I needed them to do.

With all of that said, why are there different JB programs out there? I will be JB'ing my 4S running 5.1.1 later this week. Does it matter if I use Absinthe or Redsn0w?

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Theyre generally the same. Comes down to preference. I prefer redsnow, because it gives me less grief than absinthe

Absinthe is good for a quick and easy jailbreak. One push of a button, you will be jail broken with in sec. I prefer using redsn0w even tho I have used absinthe before.

Maybe absinthe is for 1st timers that really doesn't knw about the whole jailbreak method.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Southern128 View Post
    Absinthe is good for a quick and easy jailbreak. One push of a button, you will be jail broken with in sec. I prefer using redsn0w even tho I have used absinthe before.

Maybe absinthe is for 1st timers that really doesn't knw about the whole jailbreak method.
    Agree with ya there. Redsnow has more features to use

What's Jailbreak? Arkapigdiesel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Just so I'm correct in my thinking......the current Redsn0w version is 09.15.b3

Quote Originally Posted by Arkapigdiesel View Post
    Just so I'm correct in my thinking......the current Redsn0w version is 09.15.b3
    Yes, your correct 👍

Thanks
    Thanked 9,889 Times in 6,042 Posts

Redsn0w for me too, lots of options/features.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Some people run into issues with absinthe like music not workin on iPod and so forth. I normally go with redsnow if I can. More stable IMO

The only issue I had with absinthe was sometimes when I delete a app or respiring the device, I would get white icons on the spring board and apps that were hidden, or being shown on the spring board too. I had to respiring it again to get it back to normal.

I never had that problem with redsn0w so that's why I think it had to be absinthe.

Matter of preference really. RedSn0w offers a little more than just a jailbreak, whenever I am asked to jailbreak people's devices I will opt for RedSnow over Absinthe where available.