View Poll Results: (stock) iPhone 5 vs (jailbroken) iPhone 4S?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Easy decision! iPhone 5 is AWESOME and I don't mind losing my jailbreak.

1 10.00%
  • I will miss my jailbreak a ton, but can't pass up on switching to the iPhone 5.

2 20.00%
  • Just can't decide! I want the iPhone 5, but also want my Jailbreak.

1 10.00%
  • Tough decision, but the iPhone 5 is not a big enough upgrade to lose my JB. Iíll wait it out.

3 30.00%
  • Not even close! If I canít have a JB iPhone, I donít want one at all. iPhone 5 is overrated anyway!

3 30.00%
+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Switch to iPhone 5 and lose jailbreak, or stick with jailbroken iPhone 4S? Vote now!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I ordered the new iPhone 5, but might make the decision to wait until the jailbreak comes out to make the switch. I have a jailbroken iPhone 4S now, and
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Switch to iPhone 5 and lose jailbreak, or stick with jailbroken iPhone 4S? Vote now!
    I ordered the new iPhone 5, but might make the decision to wait until the jailbreak comes out to make the switch. I have a jailbroken iPhone 4S now, and not sure I want to go back to a stock iOS.

What are you guys doing...switching...waiting...?

Vote now!

Thanks

I would wait, I do not think it will take long as people expect for a full untethered jailbreak to be released for the A6 devices. The good news so far is iOS6 has been cracked for A4 devices such as the iPhone 4. So the only real hurdle at the moment with the A6 devices is exploiting the kernel, once that hurdle has been jumped its just a case of getting ready for it to go public.

I managed to run a tethered jailbreak on my iPhone 5; but it would only run under a developer account and its not very stable. Thats down to the fact that Im still learning myself and its my first attempt. The major developers iPhone 5 jailbreak from what I understand run fully functional, how they did it I am not yet sure. However I do know @planetbeing's jailbreak is also running similar to mine with a dev account, but his jailbreak is fully functional oppose to mine running unstable.

I will predict sometime in January 2013 for a public release, I'm pretty confident.

Video of iPhone 5 Jailbroken; people are still debating if this video is legit, but it looks pretty promising to me. I have asked the uploader 'sambojag' for some more information to how he succeeded but I am still awaiting a reply
    Last edited by dan3010; 10-22-2012 at 02:19 PM.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,058 Times in 4,202 Posts

I still play with the 4s more than the five just cause I miss the jailbreak but I do love the iPhone 5

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    I still play with the 4s more than the five just cause I miss the jailbreak but I do love the iPhone 5
    Yea I agree with the love for the 5, a big improvement

Thanks

I agree with the love for the iPhone 5 as well. I just also love having a jailbroken phone. That's my dilemma.

I have an iPhone 5 sitting in my closet and I can't pull the trigger just yet to make the switch and go back to a stock iOS iPhone.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,190 Times in 6,648 Posts

iPhone 5 all the way for me. I like a jailbreak, but don't need it in the slightest.

I have the new iPad (3, not the new new of course) and its jailbroken. That way I get to use my 5 and still enjoy tweaking a device I use regularly. Some of the new tweaks lately have been really awesome and are very nice looking on the HD screen of the iPad.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

I've had my iPhone 5 sitting on my desk since the day it came out, not booting it until it's JB'd!

Thanks

Same here Niner1000RR. My iPhone 5 is collecting dust in my closet right now.

I just can't go back to a stock iOS. Thought I was crazy, but at least I'm not the only one.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    iPhone 5 all the way for me. I like a jailbreak, but don't need it in the slightest.
    My thought is the same.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    i agree with you, I dont do much stuff that involves having the jailbreak right now, and besides, I really like the screen resolution on the 5

LinkBacks (?)