Results 1 to 15 of 15

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: How to kick iPod Touch out of DFU mode (with a broken home button)

  1. #1
    Default How to kick iPod Touch out of DFU mode (with a broken home button)
    Hey,

    I put my iPod into DFU mode by using redsn0w and using a feature where you can make a IPSW automatically put your device in DFU mode.

    When I did that I kept getting Exploit Failed when I tried to jailbreak, and now it doesnt want to jailbreak my device and it says its in soft DFU mode.

    How do I exit out of DFU mode if my home button is broken?

    ANy help is appreciated

  2. #2
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,775
    Thanks
    6,979
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

    You could always restore it I suppose. Or try redsnows recovery fix.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You could always restore it I suppose. Or try redsnows recovery fix.
    When I try to do the recovery fix the next button looks disabled, like its not letting me click next.

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    And restoring? What shsh do you have?
    SSH?

    I couldnt save my SSH blobs because it didn't let in redsn0w. I kept getting an error cause I couldnt put my device in DFU mode.

  6. #6
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,775
    Thanks
    6,979
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kytro360 View Post
    SSH?

    I couldnt save my SSH blobs because it didn't let in redsn0w. I kept getting an error cause I couldnt put my device in DFU mode.
    They are SHSH, not SSH. SSH is something completely different.

    Your only choice now is probably restoring.

    Or getting the button fixed

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    They are SHSH, not SSH. SSH is something completely different.

    Your only choice now is probably restoring.

    Or getting the button fixed
    So Im basically screwed? No way getting out of it?

    Also, when I restore will my music get copied over?

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You could try redsnow on another computer maybe.
    So the issue is with the computer not with my computer being in soft DFU mode?

    Also how come everytime I try to jailbreak, Itunes closes on me.
    Last edited by kytro360; 10-21-2012 at 09:27 AM.

  10. #10
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,775
    Thanks
    6,979
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

    I don't know what the issue is. I'm just throwing out suggestions.
    iTunes closes when you try to jailbreak because redsnow automatically closes it to stop it from interfering in the jailbreak process.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I don't what the issue is. I'm just throwing out suggestions.
    iTunes closes when you try to jailbreak because redsnow automatically closes it to stop it from interfering in the jailbreak process.
    I guess Im gonna have to restore then and hopefully my backup comes through. Thanks for all the help

  12. #12

  13. #13
    To enter DFU Mode you need // 1. iPod connected to the PC // 2. iTunes installed for drivers // 3. Original USB cable.
    Last edited by dennyduke; 02-06-2013 at 08:06 PM.

  14. #14
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    OP is trying to get out of it.

    Anyway, I agree with Simon. I've never gotten out of DFU without a restore (unless I put it into DFU myself, on purpose). You could try simply holding home and power for 15 seconds, wait a couple seconds, then try to power on as normal. If that basic process doesn't work, then restore away.

  15. #15
    Default Nope
    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    OP is trying to get out of it.

    Anyway, I agree with Simon. I've never gotten out of DFU without a restore (unless I put it into DFU myself, on purpose). You could try simply holding home and power for 15 seconds, wait a couple seconds, then try to power on as normal. If that basic process doesn't work, then restore away.
    It dose not work

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •