Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: 3gs upgrade to 5.1.1
10-13-2012, 03:09 PM #13gs upgrade to 5.1.1
hello, I have an iPhone 3GS , I want to upgrade to 5.1.1 .
I downloaded iOS 5.1.1 firmware and redsn0w
I put the device in dfu mode before resorting in it on iTune.
I m getting error 3194 . I tried to edit my hosts file with and without:
I used tinyumbrella with saved shsh and tss server runing . still getting the same error, i used two diff computers. I still get the same error.
10-13-2012, 03:16 PM #2
If ya have the blobs for it you can do what ya doing. Sounds like with that error ya don't have any of them blobs
10-13-2012, 03:29 PM #3
10-13-2012, 03:48 PM #4
This is what I do on my 3GS... I think this works for a 4..
I'm assuming you do not unlock. You will lose your unlock if you do this exact method.
1. Download stock iOS 5.1.1 IPSW.
2. Download redsn0w 0.9.14b2
3. Run redsn0w as administrator in windows.
4. Click Extras button.
5. Click SHSH blobs button.
6. Click Query button to see what blobs Cydia has for device.
7. If Cydia has required blobs, Click Stitch button.
8. Click IPSW button-browse for downloaded 5.1.1 IPSW file.
9. Click Blobs-Cydia button to stitch remote Cydia stored blobs to IPSW.(or could do local if you have
10. Let Process and finish. It will take a few minutes.
11. Click Back button-Click Pwned DFU to put in pwned DFU mode-follow onscreen instructions.
12. Once in pwned DFU mode, close redsn0w, launch iTunes.
13. iTunes will see device in "recovery" mode. Click Check button.
14. Hold down Shift key, click Restore button. Browse to that stitched IPSW file
you created.Select it.
15.Wait for restore to finish as normal. JB as normal(or not)...Enjoy!
10-13-2012, 04:52 PM #5
Cydia doesn't have my shsh blobs for 5.1.1 because i never had iOS 5.1.1 installed nor I have them on my computer
these are the blobs i got from Cydia but still cant do the stitch:
iPhone2,1 3262046313775 full blobs:
4.1, 4.3.3, 4.3.5, 5.1.1
iPhone2,1 3262046313775 partial blobs:
iPhone2,1 118214192396 full blobs:
3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.1, 4.3, 4.3.2, 4.3.5, 5.0.1, 5.1.1
iPhone2,1 118214192396 partial blobs:
Last edited by Malikjad; 10-13-2012 at 05:20 PM.
10-14-2012, 07:05 AM #6
Ok.. That looks like 2 different phones... Is the one u currently have either of those u have blobs for?
If u didn't save blobs for this phone while 5.1.1 was still being signed u can't go to it...
Last edited by xboxbml; 10-14-2012 at 07:08 AM.
10-14-2012, 05:30 PM #7
10-14-2012, 05:53 PM #8
10-14-2012, 07:17 PM #9
U need to put in pwned DFU mode before u restore...
10-15-2012, 05:55 AM #10
10-15-2012, 11:20 AM #11
Did you use local blob on your pc or remote blob ?
If using Vista or windows 7, have you set redsn0w in Xp sp2 compat mode.
Last edited by iYeow; 10-15-2012 at 11:26 AM.
10-15-2012, 11:44 AM #12
10-15-2012, 11:59 AM #13
Give it a try, i have restored two 3gs and it works flawlessly.
10-15-2012, 12:07 PM #14
10-15-2012, 12:19 PM #15
Hmmm, not sure why all these errors. If you don't have ipad bb installed and don't need software unlock, restore to the latest IOS 6.0 using itunes to see if your iphone is working or computer is letting you restore. You can always downgrade back to 5.1.1 if you have the actual blob.
10-15-2012, 12:37 PM #16
10-15-2012, 02:44 PM #17
Do you know what is your baseband, it could be ipad bb and could be the reason for this error. Use redsnow to downgrade bb first ( 05.13.xx), then restore to 5.1.1 using redsn0w and choose preserve bb.