Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weather Elementsv4

Smile Weather Elementsv4
    Hi I downloaded weather elements v4 on my iphone 4 on ios 5 when the untethered jailbreak was out. I recently updated to ios 6 and restored everythign to factory settings meaning that all my jailbreak icons and apps should be gone right? Wrong. The weather elements apps is still on my phone and whenever i delete it it comes back if the phone restarts or shuts off. Please help me remove it I think there might be some internal issues because of this

Thanks

Try a DFU-mode restore to iOS 6, and set up your iPhone as a new iPhone (meaning that you do not restore from any backups). That should ensure no remnants of a prior jailbreak emerge.

Can i just go through ssh or something to delete it because I already deleted all my texts before I dont want to do that again lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by farbods0 View Post
    Can i just go through ssh or something to delete it because I already deleted all my texts before I dont want to do that again lol
    There's no SSH access into the device without a jailbreak. If you want to jailbreak it and go that route, it's possible, but keep in mind that the jailbreak for iOS 6 is tethered (and is unstable as a three-wheeled car). Same for salvaging the texts before wiping everything--you can jailbreak the phone, copy over the database, restore, jailbreak again, and put the database back.

Otherwise, it's not possible to do a more "surgical strike," a full DFU restore and setting up as new will be the only likely recourse.

Yea i know that lol. I was thinking do tethered jailbreak remove the file, back it up, then restore to backup. Now where would i find the file?