Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! Maps not working!

Default HELP! Maps not working!
    Firstly ime a Newbie here so be gentle!

Secondly, My iphone 4 maps app is not working and is showing me a blank screen for about 10s then closing. (screen attached)

I have tried the whole thing about sending a link from google maps on my pc via email and opening it on my iphone but it didnt work.

I also used SBsettings to boot into safe mode to check if it would work in there which it did with no problems!

So i presume it must be some tweak i have installed that is causing the issue, The problem is which one!

I tried uninstalling the recent apps/tweaks i installed since the problem started but with no luck.

So i was looking for some advice on what tweaks may be causing Map to crash or that interfere with the app do i can try removing them before having to do a restore.

I really dont want to have to do i restore as i will either have to go through the process of having an unjailbroken ios6 device or stitching ipsw's with blobs etc.

Thanks in advance for the replys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1349397257.442889.jpg  

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Have to go one by one and turn ya tweaks off ya have on in mobile substrates using sbsettings and them reboot if maps don't work after that try another one. But there is a tweak that's causing this since it does work on safe mode.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,213 Times in 6,215 Posts

You could try opening SBSettings, go to Mobile Substrate, turn off 1 tweak at a time to see if it is indeed a tweak causing the problem, or turn them all off, then turn one on at a time, either way.
    Also, you can reboot holding the volume down button and it will disable all mobile substrate add-ons to see if there is still a conflict.

edit, 2K1 beat me to it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    You could try opening SBSettings, go to Mobile Substrate, turn off 1 tweak at a time to see if it is indeed a tweak causing the problem, or turn them all off, then turn one on at a time, either way.
    Also, you can reboot holding the volume down button and it will disable all mobile substrate add-ons to see if there is still a conflict.

edit, 2K1 beat me to it.

Evil grin

Thanks for the advice guys, it was spot on.

Turned out to be a theme in winterboard causing the issue. Disabled it an maps kicked back to life!

Strangely it was a status bar theme to look like new ios 6 status bar. How that decided to interfere with maps ile never know but its fixed now.

Thanks again to those who posted.

Thanks

Ya welcome glad we could help

Thanks
    Thanked 10,213 Times in 6,215 Posts

Probably a plist issue with the tweak. Happy all is back to normal.