Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dead iPhone after restore, Jailbroken 4s.

Default Dead iPhone after restore, Jailbroken 4s.
    Sorry, may have posted in wrong section.
    OK, so I am a bit new to the apple scene. I bought my wife the Iphone 4s to break us into the apple gig and she certainly wanted it jailbroken. I think it is 5.1.1 os and I think used Absinthe, which turned into intalulous and cydia. After a year of use she got the new Iphone 5. We wanted to give the other 4s to my daughter. Before giving it to her I wanted to go ahead and upgrade it to IOS6. It failed several times. My wife decided to restore the phone to its factory defaults and it hung in its lttle spinning wheel thing until the battery died. at the time we did not even have a cord for the darn thing because it had been taken by my son or daughter by mistake. So the phone dies in its little spinning wheeel thing. Now that I have a charger, It does nothing. I have left it plugged in for a couple hours and when you press the power button, it gives the little symbol of a plug, lighting bolt, and outlet. cant get anything else.

Is there a way to revive it?

Connect the phone to your computer with that symbol on and restore using iTunes

U will need to charge the phone and after it try's to boot you will need to put it in dfu mode. And then download the iOS 6 ipsw. And shift restore to the ipsw you downloaded

Dfu mode
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode

Ipsw download page
    Download links for iOS firmwares, jailbreak tools and more

Thanks
    Thanked 10,066 Times in 6,150 Posts

To kick it out of the SWOD (spinning wheel of death). do a hard reboot, holding both power and home buttons down together till it boots up.

Itunes does not recognize it, It does not charge, buttons do nothing. It has now completely died. No screen t all.

you may need another charger or cable. What @blkcadi said earlier is what you need to do. Hope you get it to worked

Quote Originally Posted by DreadHeadSk8ter View Post
    you may need another charger or cable. What @blkcadi said earlier is what you need to do. Hope you get it to worked
    I forgot to mention that I did verify the charger by plugging it into a working iPhone 4s. It charged that one fine.

I did verify that the cable was working. Plugged it into another iPhone 4s. Worked fine

try wiggling the iphone connector as sometimes the port will loose connection to the mother board.

then the other issue is your home button... might have a weak home button cable. try pressing it harder

Thanks
    Thanked 10,066 Times in 6,150 Posts

Seems to point more so to a hardware issue, a trip to the Apple Store may help you.

Make sure you charge the iPhone from a wall outlet not with the computers USB port.

If that fails, it is most likely a hardware problem.