+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 6 tethered jailbreak

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have an iphone 4 and able to downgrade but have being trying stock iOS 6 but I was just wondering your opinions on those of you on the tethered
    Thanks

Default iOS 6 tethered jailbreak
    I have an iphone 4 and able to downgrade but have being trying stock iOS 6 but I was just wondering your opinions on those of you on the tethered iOS 6 jailbreak?I know the inconvenience of being tethered and not all cydia extensions not being compatible yet.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say it is still way to early to play with that. Nothing against tethered JB. I never turn off my phone anyway, but as regarding to software, compatibility issues etc.. I would just wait another couple of months, until something more stable arrives.

Thanks

Yea you do got a point there. I guess I may just see how long I can take until I get jailbreak withdrawals(obviously feels like soon since asking about jailbreak opinions, lol) and downgrade my iPhone 4.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

That jailbreak is actually just for developers. I wouldn't recommend staying on that jailbreak alot of bugs and stuf on there

iPhone? More like MyPhone DreadHeadSk8ter's Avatar
    Thanks

yes!!!

I been searching for someone who has been talking about this! The Jailbreak is really buggy! I have a A4 device and idk how many

times iv restored and jailbroken this thing... just stay away and wait for a official JB (my opinion)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have been thinking about updating to iOS 6 but have been concerned about theme and app compatibility myself.

i do have another question, and i hope this is the right thread, but when i do come to update i really want to be able to keep all my phones settings (theme, activator prefs, etc.) and i would really appreciate advice on the best way to do this:

i ftp into my phone via cyberduck and have synced the \var directory to my computer hoping this will be a quick way to simply save the current configs and then overwrite this directory on the phone after upgrading.
    i also have OpenBackup from cydia, but this looked to simply back up the settings to a file on the phone; dont see how this would work?! or is it that i need to save this created file to my mac and then do something?!

a bit lost...

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jt6572 View Post
    i have been thinking about updating to iOS 6 but have been concerned about theme and app compatibility myself.

i do have another question, and i hope this is the right thread, but when i do come to update i really want to be able to keep all my phones settings (theme, activator prefs, etc.) and i would really appreciate advice on the best way to do this:

i ftp into my phone via cyberduck and have synced the \var directory to my computer hoping this will be a quick way to simply save the current configs and then overwrite this directory on the phone after upgrading.
    i also have OpenBackup from cydia, but this looked to simply back up the settings to a file on the phone; dont see how this would work?! or is it that i need to save this created file to my mac and then do something?!

a bit lost...
    you never want to overwrite the system directory if you are upgrading from one iOS to a different iOS unless you want a lot of headache with issues in the present or future

i strongly not recommend you restore all your cydia data from a backup, instead reinstall everything, so you wont have to deal with compatibility issues with certain tweaks not working on different iOS

Thanks

somehow iv come to like ios 6 and the look of it! I've went back and tried the tethered JB again and i have been stable with it for 5days now.

I think the thing to do is not over load with a bunch of tweaks or things like that (I may be wrong) haven't had any bugs or glitches*knock on wood* I decided to drop in and share my thoughts

2k1
    Thanks

How many tweaks ya have?

Thanks

Only winterboard and one theme.

I just installed the siri port today and idk if this will mess up anything on my device or not.

You thinking about doing it again??

2k1
    Thanks

Nah don't think so need my phone. Don't like tethered. Siri ports I stay away from never had any luck with them at all

Thanks

Yeah i hear you on that... its laggy a bit and i dont think ill stay on the port long.

Besides, i totally understand about having your phone. you must be still on 5.1.1?

2k1
    Thanks

My 4s is still on 5.1.1 I'm on iPhone 5 as we speak

Thanks

Yeah, I've been in iOS 6 JB a few times now.. I actually like the smoothness on this 3GS on 6...almost 4.2.1 ish... If it weren't for the map issues n the fact I actually like the old YouTube app better, I might still be on it... None of my JB apps work right either yet, so I went back to 5.1.1...

Thanks

Just an update...

I finally crashed and ios 6 JB kept freezing my phone so i decided to downgraded to 5.1.1

Actually miss all the jailbreak tweaks... it just makes your phone a toy instead of a tool

LinkBacks (?)

1. 10-02-2012, 03:04 AM