+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help me please! iPhone 4s jailbroken 5.0.1 wont restore!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have tried just about everything and anything people have told me over the internet and just what i know personal. I've downloaded IPSW's over and over, I can't do
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Help me please! iPhone 4s jailbroken 5.0.1 wont restore!
    I have tried just about everything and anything people have told me over the internet and just what i know personal. I've downloaded IPSW's over and over, I can't do erase all contents and settings, i can't restore or update in iTunes i just get multiple error codes such as 1600,3194,11,21 (tired to fix all of these) just crazy errors left and right. When I try to update with 5.1.1 and 6.0 it says that the firmware is not compatible or stops about half of the way through. I've tried using tiny umbrella which just leaves me with a head ache, I've tried DFU mode and all the programs that pwn my phone and it won't let me update in software update, in the settings of my phone. I just want my iPhone normal again. I'm at my last line of hope here! Someone please help me!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,525 Times in 5,846 Posts

6.0 is the only firmware you can restore too, Apple is not signing 5.1.1 anymore. On a 4S, you can only move up in OS because of the A4 chip.
    All the errors your are getting are pretty much firmware errors, try downloading 6.0 firmware to your desktop, (make sure it has the extension of .ipsw) open iTunes hold shift and click restore, then point to the firmware you downloaded.
    Here is a wiki of iTunes and results and causes.
    iTunes Errors - The iPhone Wiki

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if you just want to restore your iPhone, just go restore in iTunes (no DFU mode, no shift click restore) if you still get errors try going into [windows] C: \Windows\system32\drivers\etc\ and open the hosts file as administrator with notepad and check that the last part says something like this:

127.0.0.1 localhost

and there, if that solved your problem, not too sure on what you are asking... sorry...
    Last edited by Gamehelp1000; 09-30-2012 at 01:15 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    6.0 is the only firmware you can restore too, Apple is not signing 5.1.1 anymore. On a 4S, you can only move up in OS because of the A4 chip.
    All the errors your are getting are pretty much firmware errors, try downloading 6.0 firmware to your desktop, (make sure it has the extension of .ipsw) open iTunes hold shift and click restore, then point to the firmware you downloaded.
    Here is a wiki of iTunes and results and causes.
    iTunes Errors - The iPhone Wiki
    Iphone 4S uses A5 chip, not A4. But you are correct, no downgrading iOS from 6.0 even with SHSH blobs at this time. Maybe not ever, we'll have to see what the dev team comes up with.

mod edit Correct A5, my apologies
    Last edited by blkcadi; 09-30-2012 at 02:32 PM.