Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it possible to install a clean 5.1.1?

Default Is it possible to install a clean 5.1.1?
    I'm selling my 4s to make room for my 5. its in the classifieds if anyone wants it. My issue is that i need to get all my personal info off the phone but keep the jailbreak. The phone is a 4s with 5.1.1 and jailbroken. So how do i do this? Will tinyumbrella let me install a fresh 5.1.1 and then jailbreak? Is it possible to wipe the phone either by the reset features on the phone or with iTunes?

TIA
    iPhone 3gs 16gb
    JB via Spirit 3.1.3
    iPhone 4... get in my pocket!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

There is no way to stay on 5.1.1 if ya wanna wipe ya phone clean. It will go to 6.0. The devs are on the process of making a redsnow to downgrade the 4s from 6.0 to 5.1.1.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    There is no way to stay on 5.1.1 if ya wanna wipe ya phone clean. It will go to 6.0. The devs are on the process of making a redsnow to downgrade the 4s from 6.0 to 5.1.1.
    the devs are updating redsn0w to allow iphone 4s users CURRENTLY on iOS 5.1.1 to "RE-RESTORE" back to iOS 5.1.1

any iphone 4s users who update to iOS 6 will be STUCK there, and will NOT be able to downgrade to 5.1.1, even with the new redsn0w update