Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken iPhone 3G 4.2.1 stuck in recovery mode

Default Jailbroken iPhone 3G 4.2.1 stuck in recovery mode
    Hi please help

I managed to jailbreak my iPhone 3G phone back in January and now have had my upgrade, I stupidly pressed delete data through the iPhone and now cant get it out of recovery mode. This is the procedure I have tried:

I plug my iphone in and it says itunes has detected a iphone in recovery mode so I Hold shift restore which comes to a selection of diff firmware ispw files I download to and select it goes through the whole restore process

1.extracting software dark screen
    2.preparing iphone for restore (white screen on iphone)
    3.error message pops up random numbers at the end this on says the iphone iphone could not be restored. A Unknown error has occured apple logo on my iphone

1. iphone plugged in, Power on connect to itunes on iphone shows up
    2. itunes has detected a iphone in recovery mode must restore before can use in itunes
    3. click restore to original settings now, restore and update
    4. Extracting software
    5. verifying iphone restore with apple (black screen w apple logo)
    6.preparing iphone for restore (spinning wheel)
    7.loading bar and apple logo on phone, (says my software version is NA serial number also NA in itunes
    8. The iphone could not not be restored a unknown error occured (2015)

The firmware I used when I originally jailbroke it with is 4.2.1 and I'm pretty sure the baseband is 06.15

Please advise me

Kind Regards

Kev

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

your problem is the baseband, you need to install a customized version of ipsw now that you have the ipad baseband.

Try using the latest redsn0w to downgrade your baseband, then use sn0wbreeze to create a custom 4.2.1 ipsw so that you don't upgrade the baseband. Then you can use ultrasn0w to unlock afterwards.