+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stitching IPSW and restoring is not working for me. iPhone 4 on 5.0.1

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I used tinyumbrella to pull my SHSH 5.0.1 from Cydia. I used redsnow to create a custom IPSW and then stitch it. Put phone in DFU mode and tried to
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Stitching IPSW and restoring is not working for me. iPhone 4 on 5.0.1
    I used tinyumbrella to pull my SHSH 5.0.1 from Cydia. I used redsnow to create a custom IPSW and then stitch it. Put phone in DFU mode and tried to restore to that stitched IPSW.

I did everything right correct? If so why is this not working? I get a 1600 error in iTunes during the restore. I'm using a MacBook.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,619 Times in 5,898 Posts

You should move up to 5.1.1

Error 1600;

Custom firmware can't be restored on a device with DFU Mode. The software of the device isn't patched. Using a jailbreak tool, enter a pwned DFU Mode. During that process the software gets patched and the custom firmware should run without any problems.
    APTicket problems if you try to restore to iOS 5.x in the DFU Mode.
    If trully stuck (even with an regular iTunes Restore), edit the hosts file and comment out the "guzzoni.apple.com" line

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

Chad711 (09-23-2012)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

ok so I need to download 5.1.1 and then stitch that and try to restore/upgrade to 5.1.1? Is 5.1.1 a untethered jailbreakable firmware? Sorry I'm not aware as I didn't stay in the loop after 5.0.1.

Use redsnow?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,619 Times in 5,898 Posts

Yes redsn0w and it is untethered. Download the 5.1.1 .ipsw, open redsn0w, choose extras, then stitch your blobs. This thread should help on stitching. [How To] Stitch Your SHSH Blobs to a Firmware File

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

Chad711 (09-23-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Thanks

i stitched the firmware for an iphone 4 to restore on ios 5.1.1 earlier today and i kept getting errors. i tried a little trick, after the restore failed and itunes put the iphone in recovery mode i used the exit recovery mode option in redsn0w and it brought the phone back to life, perfectly restored and baseband preserved. suck it itunes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thecrunked View Post
    i stitched the firmware for an iphone 4 to restore on ios 5.1.1 earlier today and i kept getting errors. i tried a little trick, after the restore failed and itunes put the iphone in recovery mode i used the exit recovery mode option in redsn0w and it brought the phone back to life, perfectly restored and baseband preserved. suck it itunes
    hello...
    I'm having the same issues, but not sure how to make it...
    can you pls show me where should i find the " exit recovery mode option in redsn0w" ? ( I'm using redsn0w 0.9.15b3)

as Chad711, I used tinyumbrella to pull my SHSH 5.1.1 from Cydia. I used redsnow to create a custom IPSW and then stitch it. Put phone in DFU mode and tried to restore to that stitched IPSW.
    I get a 1600 error in iTunes during the restore.

I'm using the Gevey Ultra, does this change the process?
    Can I leave it in during the process of restore, or not?

thank you