Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone4S upgrade to 6.0 then back to 5.1.1?

  1. #21
    So that means Apple is still signing ios 5.1.1?

    Maybe I should upgrade to ios6 and then downgrade to 5.1.1?

  2. #22
    signing window was probably closed this evening because its no longer opened

  3. #23
    ok, but according to dev-team, I should be ablo to perform a simple restore

    3.iPad3, i4S (and iPad2 owners who don’t satisfy #2) will always be able to RE-restore the current 5.x OS that’s already on their device. So if you’re at 5.1.1 when the window closes (and you’ve saved your blobs), you’ll always be able to RE-restore to 5.1.1 again. This makes the 5.1.1 jailbreak a lot less fragile — you don’t have to worry about messing up your install with funky extensions or getting into a boot loop, because you can always RE-restore from 5.1.1 to 5.1.1 again (or from 5.0.1 to 5.0.1 again, etc). But once you fall off the 5.x train by restoring to 6.x, you’ll be stuck there until the next jailbreak.

  4. #24
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,782
    Thanks
    6,982
    Thanked 15,547 Times in 7,108 Posts

    What device do you have and do you have 5.1.1 SHSH for it?

    edit: sorry, just saw your title.
    You wont be able to just re-restore to 5.1.1 without the help of redsnow most likely. And I'm not sure they have released a version that does this yet.

  5. #25
    iPhone 4S GSM and I have shsh

  6. #26
    ok so remind me again what error did you receive in itunes when you tried to restore using a stitched 5.1.1 firmware?

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    ok so remind me again what error did you receive in itunes when you tried to restore using a stitched 5.1.1 firmware?
    i received error 11

  8. #28
    I don't think we can re-restore to 5.1.1 on iPhone 4S. I was trying for hours yesterday and couldn't get it done. From what I read on the latest dev team blog post, is that we have to wait for a newer version of redsn0w. Unfortunately for me, I have to mail my iPhone 4S out soon and the buyer does not want iOS6 so I'm manually trying to delete all my data. I don't know what else to do.

  9. #29
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,782
    Thanks
    6,982
    Thanked 15,547 Times in 7,108 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by chillstatus View Post
    I don't think we can re-restore to 5.1.1 on iPhone 4S. I was trying for hours yesterday and couldn't get it done. From what I read on the latest dev team blog post, is that we have to wait for a newer version of redsn0w. Unfortunately for me, I have to mail my iPhone 4S out soon and the buyer does not want iOS6 so I'm manually trying to delete all my data. I don't know what else to do.
    Correct, which is what I said above. We have to wait for a new redsnow to be able to do it.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Correct, which is what I said above. We have to wait for a new redsnow to be able to do it.
    Is this also true for an iPad 2 GSM (currently on iOS6 wanting to go to 5.1.1)?

  11. #31
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Jabbacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tutu Island
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Upgraded iPad 2 wifi to iOS6 (with blobs) and back to 5.1.1 with no problems... 3hrs ago!....

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabbacks View Post
    Upgraded iPad 2 wifi to iOS6 (with blobs) and back to 5.1.1 with no problems... 3hrs ago!....
    I have literally been trying for hours and hours. Can you give me a brief step by step of what you did?

    This is what I've tried:

    Turning on TinyUmbrella server
    Then alt-click on restore in iTunes, then select 5.1.1
    That gives and error of 1600

    and

    Stiching my ispw and my SHSH in redsn0w
    Then turning on tny umbrella
    Then alt-click on restore in iTunes, then select 5.1.1
    That gives and error of 1600

    Apparently the fix to 1600 error messages is using pwned DFU... but that doesn't work (according to redsn0w) on iPad 2's.

    and finally

    I've tried using redsn0w's restore thing (with the stiched ispw) but that gets stuck on 'Uploading iBEC'.
    Last edited by nishy100; 09-22-2012 at 06:32 PM.

  13. #33
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Jabbacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tutu Island
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    I used redsn0w_win_0.9.14b2 with shsh blobs stitched to iOS 5.1.1 ipsw. Use iTunes 10.6.32.5 not the latest one.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabbacks View Post
    I used redsn0w_win_0.9.14b2 with shsh blobs stitched to iOS 5.1.1 ipsw. Use iTunes 10.6.32.5 not the latest one.
    Did you use Tiny Umbrella at all?

    EDIT:
    Without using TU it give me the 3108 error.
    When using TU (version 6.00.01) It gives me a 1600 error (in DFU).
    When using TU (version 6.00.01) It gives me a 11 error (in recovery mode).

    Last edited by nishy100; 09-22-2012 at 06:59 PM.

  15. #35
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Jabbacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tutu Island
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    I only used tinyumbrella to save shshs blobs few days back when I first got this. It came with 4.x...then upgraded to 5.1.1.

  16. #36
    Still can't get it to work... I've tried everything.

    I'm trying to restore it to 4.3.3 and see if that'll work - so far it's 'verifying iPad software'.

    It got to the end of 'verifying iPad firmware' now it's stuck in a loop of recovery mode...

    I give up... I'll leave it to the smart people behind redsn0w to figure this one out. *Waits patiently for next version of redsn0w* (assuming they do include 6 to 5.1.1 downgrade for iPad 2 easy button)
    Last edited by nishy100; 09-22-2012 at 07:19 PM.

  17. #37
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Jabbacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tutu Island
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    It could be the difference between the 2, iPad2 GSM & iPad2WIFI. Not sure. Maybe somebody will help us here. What version of iTunes are you using?

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabbacks View Post
    It could be the difference between the 2, iPad2 GSM & iPad2WIFI. Not sure. Maybe somebody will help us here. What version of iTunes are you using?
    10.6.3.25

    Before I was getting a lot of 1600 errors, which is because there's not a pwned DFU mode available yet. I think that's what the next version of redsn0w will have.
    Last edited by nishy100; 09-22-2012 at 07:35 PM.

  19. #39
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Jabbacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tutu Island
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Ok, why not put your phone in DFU mode and Shift-restore to stock 5.1.1? Use current iTunes you have... worth a try!

    I want to go back to 6 and retrace my steps but I see your problem here and imma bit concerned... hehehe!
    Last edited by Jabbacks; 09-22-2012 at 07:43 PM.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabbacks View Post
    Ok, why not put your phone in DFU mode and Shift-restore to stock 5.1.1? Use current iTunes you have... worth a try!

    I want to go back to 6 and retrace my steps but I see your problem here and imma bit concerned... hehehe!
    I'll try that in the morning -- I don't think that'll work as Apple aren't signing iOS 5 anymore. But as you say.. it's worth a try. And anyway the next version of redsn0w will be able to downgrade from 6 to 5.1.1 -- I'm sure I can live without a jailbreak for a few weeks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •