+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Full Downgrade Yes Baseband!!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
i cannot open the site. maybe there is alternative one that i can download the files for free. pls give so that i can try it. tnx Originally Posted by
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i cannot open the site. maybe there is alternative one that i can download the files for free. pls give so that i can try it. tnx

Quote Originally Posted by rsobbi View Post
    ok somebody test this
    thanks to Poldi and his german friend : http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...ed=1#post74109

so i geuss his friend downgraded his phone from 1.1.1 fully
    even the baseband

heres the instructions
    with apptap then install the installer.app, community-sources (?), bsd subsystem and openSSH

now download old baseband firmware here http://**********.com/files/55991876...mware.zip.html (see third post)

with SFTP or SCP copy the three files from the file you downloaded into the directory /usr/bin

open Terminal and establish a SSH-Connection to your iPhone
    enter the following in Terminal
    cd /usr/bin
    chmod +x bbupdater
    launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    bbupdater -f 314.fls -e 314.eep
    launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

restart your iPhone
    now check if your baseband is downgraded by going to settings -> general ->modem firmware, here it should say 03.14.08_G
    now unlock your phone with anysim or terminal or whatever.

for the link message me and ill give it to you (where to download the file) because im not sure if we are alowed to post the site or not because poldi didnt at hackint0sh

somebody with 1.1.1 please try this quickly
    can you give me the site coz i want to try it. tnx
    Last edited by spurjon; 10-06-2007 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i have tried this and it hasent worked @ all, iv done it like 30 times now

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

yes we know if it worked it you see it in the wiki

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

This thread was a waste of time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi I've followed your instructions step by step, unfortunatelly after executing bbupdater -f 314.fls -e 314.eep command I always recieve this error: "Error: Failed to download .FLS: Could not verify downloaded image" , I've tried this several times, although process never behaves the same way each time the result is always the same mentioned error, any ideas what may be happening?

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

it cannot be done ..please close thread

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just wondering, has anyone tried the command (iUnlock 314.fls nor)
    just curious

Thanks

No one please do this! These are the same instructions mentioned in my [GUIDE] this DOES NOT lower the Baseband! You will still receive a "Invalid SIM Error"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, I'm confused now.

There is a Tutorial on this site which explains the process of virginizing the iphone by reflashing the baseband and then restoring the firmware so that you have a factory like 1.0.2 iphone.

So, does that work or not??

Since it is possible to CHANGE something in the orig. Baseband shouldn't it be possible to change it BACK?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Virginizing Confusion
    Quote Originally Posted by joisey04 View Post
    Well, I'm confused now.

There is a Tutorial on this site which explains the process of virginizing the iphone by reflashing the baseband and then restoring the firmware so that you have a factory like 1.0.2 iphone.

So, does that work or not??

Since it is possible to CHANGE something in the orig. Baseband shouldn't it be possible to change it BACK?
    Joisey, I'm confused too. I think a lot of "non-hacker" types are. My confusion is there is a tutorial on this site from iphonegoboom.com that explains the process of "virginizing" your iPhone. But from everything I've read if you've sim Unlocked your v1.02 iPhone with anySim or iUnlock (which I have) there really is no way to go back at this time. It seems like there should be a way to reset the phone back to the original locked state with the original baseband firmware. Guess I'm not the l337 ***0r I thought I was.

You see, I assumed/trusted that the unlock procedure would be reversible without knowing if it was or not and I simply don't have the fundamental understanding of what iUnlock does and what changing the lockdownd file does, etc. Oh well...live and learn. Caveat Hacker. My iPhone is currently at 1.02 and unlocked and working perfectly on T-Mobile with some very fun/cool 3rd party apps. Things could be worse. I will NOT update EVER until there is a method to undo the unlock or method to update without bricking. That's best advice at this point.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12