+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak gone after a reboot

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I simply reboot my iPhone 4 today and seemingly lost my jailbreak. Cydia is still there, but all my tweaks no longer work. 5-icon dock won't work, a lot of
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Jailbreak gone after a reboot
    I simply reboot my iPhone 4 today and seemingly lost my jailbreak. Cydia is still there, but all my tweaks no longer work. 5-icon dock won't work, a lot of my apps that were in folders were moved outside the folders, and Cydia crashes upon opening. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Sounds like it's a tethered jailbreak. What firmware are you on?

To fix this issue for now, plug your phone into your computer and open Redsn0w. Under "extras" select just to boot tethered. This should bring all function of the jailbreak back. You can untether the jb if you'd like to prevent this from happening again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Sounds like it's a tethered jailbreak. What firmware are you on?

To fix this issue for now, plug your phone into your computer and open Redsn0w. Under "extras" select just to boot tethered. This should bring all function of the jailbreak back. You can untether the jb if you'd like to prevent this from happening again.
    Definitely not a tethered jailbreak. I've had this jail broken for months with no issues in past with a restart. Used absinthe to jailbreak 5.1.1 about a week after they released the untethered jailbreak.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You'd probably want to do a restore and reJB then. Even after a hard reset, are you still unable to acquire functions of jailbreak?

LinkBacks (?)