+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Think I broke it....

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hey guys, Adam here.. Ive been modding iphones and such for a long time now, but got out of the game a while ago. Today I pulled an old iphone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Think I broke it....
    Hey guys, Adam here.. Ive been modding iphones and such for a long time now, but got out of the game a while ago. Today I pulled an old iphone out of the closet and went to upgrade it to sell it. I put the newest firmware on it direct from apple, but then i realized something... I had put that phone (3GS) onto the ipad baseband a while back so that I could unlock it. So now I cant get the iphone to backup or anything. Is there any way to downgrade the firmware back to old, or upgrade to newest firmware, or what are my options here to make this work?

Thanks in advance,
    Adam

Thanks
    Thanked 9,728 Times in 5,974 Posts

You can use redsn0w to downgrade the iPad baseband.

1: Connect your iPhone in normal mode, then click “Jailbreak” after redsn0w identifies its model and BB version (you needn’t pre-select the IPSW anymore).
    2: Choose the “Downgrade from iPad baseband” option (you needn’t worry about de-selecting Cydia anymore).
    3: Do a controlled “slide to power off” shutdown of your phone and proceed through the normal DFU ramdisk steps.

Welcome to MMi

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

Adamlender (08-25-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for your response. However theres another problem. I cant even get it past the activation screen since the update. It wont contact the servers or anything. Will this still work?

By the way, thanks for the welcome! But i had an old account back in the original iphone days but forgot the info so im a fake noob for now!
    Last edited by Adamlender; 08-25-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Thanks

Have you tried a hard reboot? redsn0w will also allow you to hacktivate it (hack/activate).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im restoring the firmware now and seeing if I can get it on that way. If not Ill hackivate it and do what you said before..

okay, so I had it plugged in and tried to activate and got a message in itunes saying no sim, so theres the reason. I dont have any big sim near me so i guess this is shot for tonight..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just got it hackivated with redsn0w, but now theres a new problem. I hit the downgrade ipad baseband when using redsnow, but it still shows modern firmware version 6.15.00 not sure what to make of that or how to get it to downgrade..

Thanks

It will work, not sure why it's not, I have heard of that happening. Only cure that I have read that works for sure is restoring again and redo the jailbreak/hacktivate/downgrade. Same thing happened to one of our Super Mods a few days ago. You can try rebooting your computer, using a different USB, different computer, you just never know with older model phones on 5.x.x. But a restore and keep trying, it works for sure. She ended up using a PC instead of her Mac and had success.

LinkBacks (?)