+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 music to pc.. through jailbreak?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
i need my music to go onto my pc from my iphone, my phone isnt jailbroken yet and i was wondering if there was a way without jailbreaking, or if
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 4 music to pc.. through jailbreak?
    i need my music to go onto my pc from my iphone, my phone isnt jailbroken yet and i was wondering if there was a way without jailbreaking, or if there is any free software for it.. or is there a jailbreak where it wont erase any of my data so i can put my music on my computer or what...
    if im in the wrong area sorry

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

connect your iphone to itunes and cancel sync.
    right click your device on the list and select "transfer purchases"

That should get most if not all music that is officially on your iphone.

Also Jailbreaking doesn't erase anything from your device.. it simply opens up the filing system for more "personalisation"
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joeschmo99 View Post
    i need my music to go onto my pc from my iphone, my phone isnt jailbroken yet and i was wondering if there was a way without jailbreaking, or if there is any free software for it.. or is there a jailbreak where it wont erase any of my data so i can put my music on my computer or what...
    if im in the wrong area sorry
    There's no real way to transfer music that has not been purchased from the iTunes store from an iPhone to iTunes without a jailbroken device. Sean's method will transfer all music purchased via iTunes without a jailbreak, though.

Run redsn0w 0.9.14b2 (for Mac or Windows) to jailbreak your iPhone without erasing its contents (assuming your iPhone is on iOS 5.1.1. If it's on an older version, download the corresponding older version of redsn0w--it's safe to ask!). Before starting the jailbreak process in redsn0w, go to More -> Even More -> User Preferences and make sure the "Use DFU ramdisk method whenever possible" box is CHECKED.

Once that box is checked, follow the steps redsn0w gives you, starting with pushing the "Jailbreak" button. Once redsn0w has finished successfully, your music will be accessible over SFTP/SSH at /var/mobile/Media/iTunes Control/Music (and while the format the iPhone uses doesn't make much sense to a human eye, that entire folder can be copied-and-pasted into iTunes "Automatically Add to iTunes" folder and iTunes will correctly import the music without missing a beat).