+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP :/ restoring jailbroken iphone

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hey i've only had my iphone 3g for a month, and last night, itunes told me that I had to restore my iphone, because it wouldn't connect to itunes, I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey
    i've only had my iphone 3g for a month, and last night, itunes told me that I had to restore my iphone, because it wouldn't connect to itunes, I did, but now its just doing a big loop of telling me to connect to itunes, then itunes tell me that itunes has detected an iphone in recovery mode and i must restore this iphone before it can be used on itunes, so i do what it says, but like halfway through it doing that, it says an unknown error has occured, error 1015, and I can't go any further than that, the phone is jailbroken (i brought it like that) and it has ios 4.2.1 I don't really use the jailbroken option, im just wanting to be able to use my phone all its saying is I have to connect it to itunes.
    im not very computer savvy

oh, and i think it was jailbroken with Cydia ?
    Last edited by Hollyusmarr; 08-25-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,626 Times in 5,901 Posts

iTunes error causes are;

Error 1015

This error is common when downgrading iPhones and 3G-enabled iPads. The problem occurs when the device's baseband has a higher version number than the baseband in the firmware you restored to. Just set auto-boot true in iRecovery or use iREB/TinyUmbrella/RecBoot.1 In case this is not working use Pwnage Tool to create a custom firmware WITHOUT the iPad baseband, put your device in pwned DFU mode and restore via iTunes.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

Hollyusmarr (08-25-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    iTunes error causes are;

Error 1015

This error is common when downgrading iPhones and 3G-enabled iPads. The problem occurs when the device's baseband has a higher version number than the baseband in the firmware you restored to. Just set auto-boot true in iRecovery or use iREB/TinyUmbrella/RecBoot.1 In case this is not working use Pwnage Tool to create a custom firmware WITHOUT the iPad baseband, put your device in pwned DFU mode and restore via iTunes.
    god, thats so confusing, do you have the links of the things i need to download to do this? so sorry, im a computer dummy

Thanks

Go here, it has all the error codes and links.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

god, i feel so stupid, i still don't know what to do

i went to download iRecovery, but my computers telling me its a threat?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyusmarr View Post
    god, i feel so stupid, i still don't know what to do

i went to download iRecovery, but my computers telling me its a threat?
    It's a false positive, I use it, no worries.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

irecovery is like failing to start, does that mean i try one of the other methods ?

its saying this application has failed to start because readline5.dll was not found, and re-installing the app may fix this problem?
    ive reinstalled it a few times now?
    Last edited by Hollyusmarr; 08-25-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Thanks

Hmm, let's try a different program then.

I'd like you to download redsn0w 0.9.14b2 for Windows (your antivirus program may complain about this program, rest assured, it's safe). Once you've downloaded it, run it (you may need to run as administrator if normally running it doesn't work) and go to Extras -> Recovery Fix with your iPhone plugged into the computer. Follow the instructions, and you should be in good shape.

When your iPhone is working: check the numbers in Settings -> General -> About -> Modem Firmware.
    If it's 05.13.04 (or any lower numbers--but I doubt this is the case on your mobile): you're in great shape!
    If it's 06.15.00, your GPS likely will not be functioning and you'll run into this same problem every time you restore your iPhone's firmware. This is a problem easily fixed with this same redsn0w program, if you're so inclined (we'll post details).

If it's a set of numbers that start with 05... but the next number is larger than 13, your GPS will likely be functioning but you'll still have this issue whenever you restore your iPhone. It's resolved the same way as the 06.15.00 one (and if you're interested, we'll help you out with that too).