+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS 5.1.1 Untether HELP

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Ok so I have a new bootrom (but old baseband chip) iPhone 3gs on 5.1.1 I used Absinthe 2.0.4 to jailbreak. Everytime I reboot my device it gets rid of
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default 3GS 5.1.1 Untether HELP
    Ok so I have a new bootrom (but old baseband chip) iPhone 3gs on 5.1.1 I used Absinthe 2.0.4 to jailbreak. Everytime I reboot my device it gets rid of all my jailbreak features but Cydia still runs? HELP! I have also tried boot tethered

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Your jailbreak should be untethered jailbreak with Absinthe 2.0.4 at 5.1.1, you don't have todo a tethered boot. Have you done a restore and rejailbreak again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey iyeow is right its untethered but I know how you booted tethered and that was a good try but I think if your trying to keep your baseband unlockable why not use snowbreeze if using pc or pwnage tool on Mac to create a custom firm that will not update your baseband setting and will already be jail broken absinthe is still a newer jailbreak with still some issues so try the custom firmware and I doubt you'll have that same problem or use the most reliable jailbreak which is redsnow

Hey iyeow is right its untethered but I know how you booted tethered and that was a good try but I think if your trying to keep your baseband unlockable why not use snowbreeze if using pc or pwnage tool on Mac to create a custom firm that will not update your baseband setting and will already be jail broken absinthe is still a newer jailbreak with still some issues so try the custom firmware and I doubt you'll have that same problem or use the most reliable jailbreak which is redsnow to do it and one of those will work

Also I'm not sure why you would want to go past 5.0 on a 3GS anyways cause really the 3GS runs the best on 3.1.3 but I know you want the multitasking that 4.0 came out with and iMessaging that the 5.0 came out with but past that I would stick to 5.0 I mean 2 of the updates past 5.0 was just to patch the jailbreaks so no added benefit but there may be a reason it's just a thought I hope it works for ya
    Last edited by drbellows; 08-24-2012 at 09:25 PM.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drbellows View Post
    Hey iyeow is right its untethered but I know how you booted tethered and that was a good try but I think if your trying to keep your baseband unlockable why not use snowbreeze if using pc or pwnage tool on Mac to create a custom firm that will not update your baseband setting and will already be jail broken absinthe is still a newer jailbreak with still some issues so try the custom firmware and I doubt you'll have that same problem or use the most reliable jailbreak which is redsnow

Also I'm not sure why you would want to go past 5.0 on a 3GS anyways cause really the 3GS runs the best on 3.1.3 but I know you want the multitasking that 4.0 came out with and iMessaging that the 5.0 came out with but past that I would stick to 5.0 I mean 2 of the updates past 5.0 was just to patch the jailbreaks so no added benefit but there may be a reason it's just a thought I hope it works for ya
    5.1.1 runs fine on a 3GS. It's not the smoothest, but it works. 4.2.1 runs the best on the 3GS though, and it will always be that way.

Apple is gonna give the 3GS iOS 6, so that certainly says something...
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

+1. 4.2.1 or 4.1 actually is a good fw version for the 3GS to be on rather than 3.1.3. But I do agree, Absinthe seems to be more problematic than Redsn0w (in my own personal encounters). I would do as iYeow suggest and restore and reJB. Perhaps try the jailbreak this time around with Redsn0w 0.9.14b2.