Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IconSupport causing crash - help

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default IconSupport causing crash - help
    Hi all

I have just installed a new theme (Notebook) that uses gridlock and iconoclasm. Even though i have had those tweaks for a while (and utilised them successfully), IconSupport now causes springboard to crash.
    When I take away IconSupport (and gridlock / iconoclasm with it) the problem goes away. The new theme is currently uninstalled as thought that might be the problem but with IconSupport reinstalled i still get springboard crashing every time.
    I'm not sure if IconSupport updated while uploading what I needed for the new theme or not but it is the latest version in cydia. It would be good to get gridlock and iconoclasm back.

I have an iPhone 4 on 5.0.1

Any ideas????

Cheers

Matt

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Interesting, I have had some multitasking and folder background image issues over the last few days, I use infinifolders which also needs IconSupport. Anyway I got IconSupport updates on the 25th and 26th to version 1.7.6.1-1 and 1.7.6.2-2
    You could always try installing a previous version like 1.7.4-1 which is at

http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/...honeos-arm.deb
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 07-31-2012 at 12:31 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DC_Dave For This Useful Post:

hearmeout2391 (08-15-2012)

I have the similar problem where my phone now seems to have alot more ram always being used, and if it gets to zero my phone crashes. I emailed the author of icon support and was told it must be something else I have installed because he hasn't heard of this issue. This only started happening since the last two updates.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

I just did an update on icon support and there isn't any issue.

If other people are not having issues with it, I highly doubt it's iconsupport specific

I know you said uninstalling it causes the springboard not to crash but to really determine if it's iconsupport, you would need to restore, jailbreak, then ONLY install iconsupport, and nothing else

That will tell you for sure if it's iconsupport that "your" phone does not like

PS it "may" also be the fact that you're on 5.0.1, but I'm not sure

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bkean14 View Post
    I have the similar problem where my phone now seems to have alot more ram always being used, and if it gets to zero my phone crashes. I emailed the author of icon support and was told it must be something else I have installed because he hasn't heard of this issue. This only started happening since the last two updates.
    Might be simpler, but less conclusive, to install an older version of Icon Support as in post #2 above.

how would I go about installing the older version.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Download the deb file, ssh into your iphone via Winscp and put the deb file in the directory of cydia/autoinstall ,close Cydia and reopen it.
    Last edited by iYeow; 07-31-2012 at 03:09 PM.

I dId this and now I have all my ram available to me and my phone isn't crashing. Thanks for the help guys. It was probably some other tweak I have running issues with it but now it is working great!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    PS it "may" also be the fact that you're on 5.0.1, but I'm not sure
    Good point I am on iOS5.01 too
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 07-31-2012 at 05:04 PM.

thank you so much. You are the first blog response i have ever responded to. I love modmyi community.

Thanks

Updated IconSupport 1.7.7-1 says it has fixed a memory issue which could lead to crashing.

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

I have been crashing constantly when I try to use my camera.
    I found this thread and downgraded IconSupport but it hasn't helped.
    I don't get it I am on 5.1.1 jailbroke via Absinthe and when I try to use my camera app, Camera+ app it either doesn't open or it opens I take the picture but it closes to the Springboard and no picture.

Frustrating... I tried to clean DCM folder (camera roll) like many threads have said addressed this issue but it hasn't for me.

Any direction would be great.

Thanks
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    I have been crashing constantly when I try to use my camera.
    I found this thread and downgraded IconSupport but it hasn't helped.
    I don't get it I am on 5.1.1 jailbroke via Absinthe and when I try to use my camera app, Camera+ app it either doesn't open or it opens I take the picture but it closes to the Springboard and no picture.

Frustrating... I tried to clean DCM folder (camera roll) like many threads have said addressed this issue but it hasn't for me.

Any direction would be great.

Thanks
    Is it just the camera apps that are crashing, no other apps are causing this issue?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Is it just the camera apps that are crashing, no other apps are causing this issue?
    For the most part every now and then the browser crashes when opening certain site but its rare.
    The camera is maybe 8 out of 10 times, and it seems to be everytime I try to zoom in.

Thanks
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

I've recently had this icon support problem. I fixed it by reinstalling it twice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reeiiko View Post
    I've recently had this icon support problem. I fixed it by reinstalling it twice.
    Installing the file from post #16 twice?

Thanks
    --
    JW

I uninstalled it and the crashing stopped. Then I tried reinstalling it and it didnt work so I uninstalled it again. Since most of the tweaks I have need icon support I decided to give it one more go. When I did I got a message asking if I want to keep my settings from the last installation. I said no because that was probably what was causing the problem, and it worked.