Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone won't activate after restore/update?

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    I'm under the assumption you are not using an "official" sim card....that means you are using another carrier sim card instead of the one that was originally locked to the phone..

in order to bypass the activation you need to create a custom "hactivated" firmware, however be warned that you will probably lose GPS function and Push notification.

if you dont want to hactivate, you have to get an official sim card, like an AT&T sim, to activate it.

But if you want to continue, follow the instructions below to activate your 3Gs:

1. Download sn0wbreeze v2.9.6 here: http://gbit.mirror.devkipz.us/sn0wbreeze-v2.9.6.zip
    2. Transfer the sn0wbreeze program inside the zip file to your desktop
    3. Download the stock 5.1.1 firmware here: iPhone 3GS 5.1.1 - Downloads - Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums | ModMyi.com
    4. Run the sn0wbreeze program as an administrator
    5. Click on Browse for An ISPW
    6. Point it to the 5.1.1 firmware you downloaded
    7. Select New-Bootrom/I don't know
    8. Click Next and click the Simple Mode option
    9. A window will pop up asking you to "Activate Your iPhone". Click YES because this will bypass the activation since you dont have an official sim like an AT&T sim, to activate it.
    10. Wait for it to create a custom firmware for you. It will be called sn0wbreeze_iPhone_3GS-4.2.1-8C148a
    11. Click OK in sn0wbreeze, then follow the instructions to put your phone in PWNED dfu mode
    12. Once sn0wbreeze tells you it is in PWNED dfu mode, open up itunes
    13. iTunes will detect that your phone is in "recovery mode"
    14. HOLD the SHIFT key + click on the RESTORE button and point it to the sn0wbreeze_iPhone_3GS-4.2.1-8C148a firmware
    15. Let itunes restore and once its done you wont receive an activation error.

Let us know if you encounter any errors when restoring, and if you do name them specifically.

If you are successfully, then let us know again, and I will give you instructions on how to downgrade the ipad baseband 06.15.00 to 05.13.04, and it can be used to unlock your phone.

Good luck!

Hi Evo,

Sorry for bringing this thread up. I'm currently having activation issue after I restore my iphone 3gs to ios 6 thru iTunes. Previously, I'm using ios 5.1.1 (jailbroken) and out of my curiosity I tried to restore the iphone. Restore was successful. iTunes was able to upgrade ios to 6 however I can't activate it.

I do understand that in order for me to seamlessly activate the phone is thru the use of the orginal carrier sim. However, in my case, I'm using an unofficial sim and trying to hactivate my iphone 3gs. I did exactly the steps you've mentioned above, however I'm receiving error in step 15. Here's the error message:

"The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194)."

I did some research and found solutions pertaining to the use of Tiny Umbrella. I thought of giving it a try however I opt to consult you as I don't want to mess-up (as I already did during restore thru iTunes ).

I hope I was able to describe clearly my problem and hope to hear from you. I'm really sorry as I'm new with these stuff.

Thanks a lot,

dajoh

For me, when I chose to restore, I got the error 'The iphone "iphone" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (3194).'

Any ideas on what I could do would be greatly appreciated.

Default hello Evo
    dear Evo
    I have applied all instructions that you mentioned to activate my iphone 3gs which gave me a message said there is no SIM card, after i have updated it to new software.
    unfortunately, after applied ur instructions to activate that iphone a message from itunes appear said: AN UNKOWN ERROR OCCURED (3194)
    i will be more than thankful to you if you can please guide me to solve that problem
    mt best regards
    Mohamed

Quote Originally Posted by bintaleb View Post
    dear Evo
    I have applied all instructions that you mentioned to activate my iphone 3gs which gave me a message said there is no SIM card, after i have updated it to new software.
    unfortunately, after applied ur instructions to activate that iphone a message from itunes appear said: AN UNKOWN ERROR OCCURED (3194)
    i will be more than thankful to you if you can please guide me to solve that problem
    mt best regards
    Mohamed
    this typically occurs if the phone does NOT have any SHSH blobs for whatever iOS version you are trying to restore to

you need to run tinyumbrella and check to see if the phone has any shsh blobs for whatever ios version you want to restore to

EVO you are the MAN!
    I had the same problem as "safemyiPhone", but thanks to your help I managed to resolve it!

I keep getting a message saying an unknown error occurred (3194) What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bangraaa View Post
    I keep getting a message saying an unknown error occurred (3194) What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
    You can only restore to the latest firmware unless you have the blob saved for lower firmware apple no longer signs.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am having a serious problem which i dont know how too fix. If someone can help like right away that would be great, my friends ipone needed to be updated, so i updated it through itunes. Now its saying activating iphone, then after that it says cannot activate, try connecting through itunes blah. Then i plus it into the computer and it says there is no sim card in the phone, this phone is a telus phone and telus is the provider. How do i activate it easily or put it back too normal??????????

same problem here on iphone 3gs

Hey Guys!!! I need some help... I have a 3GS iphone... it was jailbroken, and I wanted to update it trhoug iTunes. I request the unlock from AT&T, and they approved it. I followed the instructions from at&t;
    To complete the unlock, simply:
    1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC and verify that you have Internet connectivity.
    2. Ensure a SIM card is inserted into your iPhone.
    3. Connect your iPhone using the dock connector to USB cable that came with your iPhone.
    4. Backup and restore your iPhone using iTunes. For information on backup and restore, please visit iTunes: Restoring iOS software.
    5. After restoring, your iPhone will be unlocked.

Easy right?... well i got stucked in the activation part too... it shows a message saying that the server is not available, try later... i've been trying all day, I restore it twice already... right now it is restored with this version iPhone2,1_6.0.1_10A523_Restore.ipsw...

Can you please guide me to have my phone back?... I do not have the original at&t sim card, but i have another at&t sim card. It did not work with this one.

I was able to fix this problem with my Iphone 3gs,but whenever I try to connect to itunes it still says: "We're sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time. Please try again later, or contact customer care." When I got my phone it was jailbroken and unlocked,but because the phone froze up on the apple logo screen I had to do a restore and lost all that. I did manage to re-jail break it,and I did back up the jalbreak apps before restoring,but can't access them now because stupid itunes keeps giving that error. If I can get that stuff back I could unlock my phone again without having to pay to have it done. Anyone got any ideas? Please help! LOL!

Never mind,fixed it!

i did everything you instructed but when i went to restore my iphone the file wasn't anywhere! i'm afraid it's dead! help me!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123