Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Generalforums, a part of the
Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgradingsection;
Originally Posted by EVO was that the "original" problem?......or was the original problem the "activation" part?.....because from your original posting, it sounded like it was an "activation" issue and not...
07-19-2012, 06:33 PM #21
07-19-2012, 06:48 PM #22
I thought we both wasting some time
Now here's what you do to unlock:
1. Download redsn0w v0.9.14b2 here: https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-de...edirects=0&d=1
2. Copy the redsn0w folder onto your desktop
3. Run redsn0w as an administrator
4. Click on Jailbreak and follow the instructions to put your phone in DFU mode.
5. Redsn0w will give you a bunch of options, only check the checkbox to Install Cydia. This will jailbreak the phone
6. Wait a couple minutes while redsn0w jailbreaks the phone
7. Once its done, Cydia will be installed on your phone. Go back to redsn0w again and go to Jailbreak again. This time, only select the checkbox next to Downgrade iPad baseband, and nothing else
8. Follow what it says on redsn0w to downgrade the ipad baseband to 05.13.04. Dont interrupt anything until you get to the lockscreen on the phone.
9. Go to to the Settings -> General -> About, and go down to where it says Modem Firmware. It should say 05.13.04
10. Insert your Vondafine sim and open Cydia, search for ultrasn0w and install it.
11. Reboot the phone and give it a couple minutes, and also a little prayer that the phone will find the carrier signal
07-19-2012, 06:57 PM #23
07-19-2012, 07:04 PM #24
07-19-2012, 07:12 PM #25
07-19-2012, 07:21 PM #26
ok do this, close redsn0w, then run it again as an administrator
Click Jailbreak, Choose downgrade ipad baseband option checkbox, then turn off your iphone and click Next, and follow the instructions,
if that does not work, try it on another computer if possible
08-19-2012, 12:55 AM #27
08-19-2012, 11:37 PM #28
09-03-2012, 05:25 PM #29
i dont know if this still works but part 3 of the instructions dont work :/
09-03-2012, 06:00 PM #30
this helped alot, cheers
09-04-2012, 01:26 AM #31
09-04-2012, 04:03 AM #32
Hi all.... Sorry to piggyback on this thread but it may save someone having to answer the post I have added today....
I have a 3GS running 5.1.1 original tied to o2.
I am also in Portugal using TMN pay as you go SIM.
I have used Absinthe 2 to jailbreak the phone but it won't recognise the SIM because it is saying 'No Service'
Should I follow this thread to get it to recognise the TMN SIM?
Thought it was going to be easy... :-)
09-04-2012, 03:37 PM #33
09-05-2012, 02:28 AM #34
I'll continue this on my other thread that you are answering....
I appreciate you help...
09-06-2012, 08:34 PM #35HElp!!!
I did all of the above steps and got an error message in iTunes- "The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1600).
Initially, I had jailbroken the phone, but Cydia would not open. I tried a restore via iTunes and phone will not activate with original carrier sim nor iTunes. What do I do?
09-06-2012, 11:25 PM #36
09-07-2012, 01:01 PM #37
It will not activate using the original carrier's sim nor will it activate via iTunes because it's unable to detect my sim.
09-08-2012, 02:02 AM #38
09-13-2012, 10:58 PM #39
09-15-2012, 01:13 AM #40
and this is for the iphone 3gs correct?
if you followed my method and received a 1600 error, did you verify that the computer's hosts file does not contain the hosts entry "22.214.171.124 gs.apple.com"?
the hosts file is located:
C drive -> System32 -> drivers -> etc