+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone won't activate after restore/update?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Originally Posted by EVO was that the "original" problem?......or was the original problem the "activation" part?.....because from your original posting, it sounded like it was an "activation" issue and not
...
  1. #21
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    was that the "original" problem?......or was the original problem the "activation" part?.....because from your original posting, it sounded like it was an "activation" issue and not an "unlock" issue

    I think both of us may have spent more than adequate time thinking of opposite issues..

    If the "unlock" issue is the case, then just do ONE more restore back to the firmware with the NO Activation feature. This will ensure you wont lose GPS

    Then once you're doing restoring, and activate it using the Optimus sim, I will walk you through downgrading the baseband so you can unlock and get rid of the "NO SIM" message

    I apologize I did not read your original post fully, I thought you were having an "activation" issue but it appears based on the picture its an unlock issue
    EVO,

    Again, huge thanks for helping me.

    The activation issue was the the "original" problem. You helped me bypass that. Now it seems that there is another problem, I believe related to the "unlocking" of the iPhone, the fact that I can't connect to any carrier netwotk.

  2. #22
    EVO
    EVO is offline
    Super EVO Moderator EVO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,493
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 799 Times in 486 Posts

    ok good!

    I thought we both wasting some time

    Now here's what you do to unlock:

    1. Download redsn0w v0.9.14b2 here: https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-de...edirects=0&d=1
    2. Copy the redsn0w folder onto your desktop
    3. Run redsn0w as an administrator
    4. Click on Jailbreak and follow the instructions to put your phone in DFU mode.
    5. Redsn0w will give you a bunch of options, only check the checkbox to Install Cydia. This will jailbreak the phone
    6. Wait a couple minutes while redsn0w jailbreaks the phone
    7. Once its done, Cydia will be installed on your phone. Go back to redsn0w again and go to Jailbreak again. This time, only select the checkbox next to Downgrade iPad baseband, and nothing else
    8. Follow what it says on redsn0w to downgrade the ipad baseband to 05.13.04. Dont interrupt anything until you get to the lockscreen on the phone.
    9. Go to to the Settings -> General -> About, and go down to where it says Modem Firmware. It should say 05.13.04
    10. Insert your Vondafine sim and open Cydia, search for ultrasn0w and install it.
    11. Reboot the phone and give it a couple minutes, and also a little prayer that the phone will find the carrier signal

  3. #23
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    ok good!

    I thought we both wasting some time

    Now here's what you do to unlock:

    1. Download redsn0w v0.9.14b2 here: https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-de...edirects=0&d=1
    2. Copy the redsn0w folder onto your desktop
    3. Run redsn0w as an administrator
    4. Click on Jailbreak and follow the instructions to put your phone in DFU mode.
    5. Redsn0w will give you a bunch of options, only check the checkbox to Install Cydia. This will jailbreak the phone
    6. Wait a couple minutes while redsn0w jailbreaks the phone
    7. Once its done, Cydia will be installed on your phone. Go back to redsn0w again and go to Jailbreak again. This time, only select the checkbox next to Downgrade iPad baseband, and nothing else
    8. Follow what it says on redsn0w to downgrade the ipad baseband to 05.13.04. Dont interrupt anything until you get to the lockscreen on the phone.
    9. Go to to the Settings -> General -> About, and go down to where it says Modem Firmware. It should say 05.13.04
    10. Insert your Vondafine sim and open Cydia, search for ultrasn0w and install it.
    11. Reboot the phone and give it a couple minutes, and also a little prayer that the phone will find the carrier signal
    Hey,

    So, I did it all the way to step 6. but in DFU mode redsn0w displayed "Exploit failed.".

  4. #24
    EVO
    EVO is offline
    Super EVO Moderator EVO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,493
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 799 Times in 486 Posts

    Whoops I apologize, you are already jailbroken when you restored using the custom firmware

    go back to the Jailbreak process and this time, skip to step 7

  5. #25
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Whoops I apologize, you are already jailbroken when you restored using the custom firmware

    go back to the Jailbreak process and this time, skip to step 7
    Again in DFU mode redsn0w displayed "Exploit failed.". This is insane

  6. #26
    EVO
    EVO is offline
    Super EVO Moderator EVO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,493
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 799 Times in 486 Posts

    ok do this, close redsn0w, then run it again as an administrator

    Click Jailbreak, Choose downgrade ipad baseband option checkbox, then turn off your iphone and click Next, and follow the instructions,

    if that does not work, try it on another computer if possible

  7. #27
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thumbs up Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    I'm under the assumption you are not using an "official" sim card....that means you are using another carrier sim card instead of the one that was originally locked to the phone..

    in order to bypass the activation you need to create a custom "hactivated" firmware, however be warned that you will probably lose GPS function and Push notification.

    if you dont want to hactivate, you have to get an official sim card, like an AT&T sim, to activate it.

    But if you want to continue, follow the instructions below to activate your 3Gs:

    1. Download sn0wbreeze v2.9.6 here: http://gbit.mirror.devkipz.us/sn0wbreeze-v2.9.6.zip
    2. Transfer the sn0wbreeze program inside the zip file to your desktop
    3. Download the stock 5.1.1 firmware here: iPhone 3GS 5.1.1 - Downloads - Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums | ModMyi.com
    4. Run the sn0wbreeze program as an administrator
    5. Click on Browse for An ISPW
    6. Point it to the 5.1.1 firmware you downloaded
    7. Select New-Bootrom/I don't know
    8. Click Next and click the Simple Mode option
    9. A window will pop up asking you to "Activate Your iPhone". Click YES because this will bypass the activation since you dont have an official sim like an AT&T sim, to activate it.
    10. Wait for it to create a custom firmware for you. It will be called sn0wbreeze_iPhone_3GS-4.2.1-8C148a
    11. Click OK in sn0wbreeze, then follow the instructions to put your phone in PWNED dfu mode
    12. Once sn0wbreeze tells you it is in PWNED dfu mode, open up itunes
    13. iTunes will detect that your phone is in "recovery mode"
    14. HOLD the SHIFT key + click on the RESTORE button and point it to the sn0wbreeze_iPhone_3GS-4.2.1-8C148a firmware
    15. Let itunes restore and once its done you wont receive an activation error.

    Let us know if you encounter any errors when restoring, and if you do name them specifically.

    If you are successfully, then let us know again, and I will give you instructions on how to downgrade the ipad baseband 06.15.00 to 05.13.04, and it can be used to unlock your phone.

    Good luck!
    thank you so much

  8. #28
    EVO
    EVO is offline
    Super EVO Moderator EVO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,493
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 799 Times in 486 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by annaliese30 View Post
    thank you so much
    No problem

    Come back if you have any questions

  9. #29
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    i dont know if this still works but part 3 of the instructions dont work :/

  10. #30
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    this helped alot, cheers

  11. #31
    EVO
    EVO is offline
    Super EVO Moderator EVO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,493
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 799 Times in 486 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by danielgowler123 View Post
    i dont know if this still works but part 3 of the instructions dont work :/
    downloading the 5.1.1 firmware step?

  12. #32
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hi all.... Sorry to piggyback on this thread but it may save someone having to answer the post I have added today....

    I have a 3GS running 5.1.1 original tied to o2.

    I am also in Portugal using TMN pay as you go SIM.

    I have used Absinthe 2 to jailbreak the phone but it won't recognise the SIM because it is saying 'No Service'

    Should I follow this thread to get it to recognise the TMN SIM?

    Thought it was going to be easy... :-)

  13. #33
    EVO
    EVO is offline
    Super EVO Moderator EVO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,493
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 799 Times in 486 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by woolynet View Post
    Hi all.... Sorry to piggyback on this thread but it may save someone having to answer the post I have added today....

    I have a 3GS running 5.1.1 original tied to o2.

    I am also in Portugal using TMN pay as you go SIM.

    I have used Absinthe 2 to jailbreak the phone but it won't recognise the SIM because it is saying 'No Service'

    Should I follow this thread to get it to recognise the TMN SIM?

    Thought it was going to be easy... :-)
    1. What iOS is the 3Gs on?
    2. What baseband is it on?
    3. Is ultrasn0w installed from Cydia?

  14. #34
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thanks EVO

    I'll continue this on my other thread that you are answering....

    I appreciate you help...

    PM

  15. #35
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default HElp!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    I'm under the assumption you are not using an "official" sim card....that means you are using another carrier sim card instead of the one that was originally locked to the phone..

    in order to bypass the activation you need to create a custom "hactivated" firmware, however be warned that you will probably lose GPS function and Push notification.

    if you dont want to hactivate, you have to get an official sim card, like an AT&T sim, to activate it.

    But if you want to continue, follow the instructions below to activate your 3Gs:

    1. Download sn0wbreeze v2.9.6 here: http://gbit.mirror.devkipz.us/sn0wbreeze-v2.9.6.zip
    2. Transfer the sn0wbreeze program inside the zip file to your desktop
    3. Download the stock 5.1.1 firmware here: iPhone 3GS 5.1.1 - Downloads - Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums | ModMyi.com
    4. Run the sn0wbreeze program as an administrator
    5. Click on Browse for An ISPW
    6. Point it to the 5.1.1 firmware you downloaded
    7. Select New-Bootrom/I don't know
    8. Click Next and click the Simple Mode option
    9. A window will pop up asking you to "Activate Your iPhone". Click YES because this will bypass the activation since you dont have an official sim like an AT&T sim, to activate it.
    10. Wait for it to create a custom firmware for you. It will be called sn0wbreeze_iPhone_3GS-4.2.1-8C148a
    11. Click OK in sn0wbreeze, then follow the instructions to put your phone in PWNED dfu mode
    12. Once sn0wbreeze tells you it is in PWNED dfu mode, open up itunes
    13. iTunes will detect that your phone is in "recovery mode"
    14. HOLD the SHIFT key + click on the RESTORE button and point it to the sn0wbreeze_iPhone_3GS-4.2.1-8C148a firmware
    15. Let itunes restore and once its done you wont receive an activation error.

    Let us know if you encounter any errors when restoring, and if you do name them specifically.

    If you are successfully, then let us know again, and I will give you instructions on how to downgrade the ipad baseband 06.15.00 to 05.13.04, and it can be used to unlock your phone.

    Good luck!

    I did all of the above steps and got an error message in iTunes- "The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1600).

    Initially, I had jailbroken the phone, but Cydia would not open. I tried a restore via iTunes and phone will not activate with original carrier sim nor iTunes. What do I do?

  16. #36
    EVO
    EVO is offline
    Super EVO Moderator EVO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,493
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 799 Times in 486 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lisaaaah View Post
    I did all of the above steps and got an error message in iTunes- "The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1600).

    Initially, I had jailbroken the phone, but Cydia would not open. I tried a restore via iTunes and phone will not activate with original carrier sim nor iTunes. What do I do?
    ok so what exactly is the issue here?

    is it the restore error part or the fact that the phone does not activate with original sim?

  17. #37
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    It will not activate using the original carrier's sim nor will it activate via iTunes because it's unable to detect my sim.

  18. #38
    EVO
    EVO is offline
    Super EVO Moderator EVO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,493
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 799 Times in 486 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lisaaaah View Post
    It will not activate using the original carrier's sim nor will it activate via iTunes because it's unable to detect my sim.
    and what original sim card carrier are you using?

  19. #39
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    att

  20. #40
    EVO
    EVO is offline
    Super EVO Moderator EVO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,493
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 799 Times in 486 Posts

    and this is for the iphone 3gs correct?

    if you followed my method and received a 1600 error, did you verify that the computer's hosts file does not contain the hosts entry "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com"?

    the hosts file is located:
    C drive -> System32 -> drivers -> etc


Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts