Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wallpaper

Default Wallpaper
    I restored my wife's iPhone 4 running 5.1.1. After jailbreaking and adding back all of her apps, I went to set the wallpaper and the factory installed wallpapers are not there. When I get to the spot where you choose between wallpaper or camera roll, I touch wallpaper and the next screen shows a black page. If I touch an areas on the page it will allow me to set it as a wallpaper but the screen shows up black. Ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,213 Times in 6,215 Posts

My guess is that you may have restored from a backup, not a fresh restore.

I hit the restore button on iTunes. After it finished, I restored from backup.

Thanks

That's why. Do a fresh restore, then add everything back on. It takes more time I know, but in the long run it will save you so many headaches.

here's what you can try before restoring..

SSH to the location var/stash/wallpaper/iPhone and copy all the png files to your desktop, then delete all the wallpaper files inside the iphone directory

then verify that all the wallpapers are gone by going to Settings, then respring, then SSH back all the wallpaper files from desktop to the iPhone directory folder and do another respring

now open the Wallpaper in settings and hopefully it will show again

Thanks

Pretty much told him the same procedure in PM's, you da man EVO.

But, obviously there is an issue, so restoring will cure any and all as you know buddy.

my phone typically takes a full glass of restoration every month or so, and it feels better immediately

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    my phone typically takes a full glass of restoration every month or so, and it feels better immediately
    Ditto, I have restored mine a bunch of times too (not really because I had an issue, I actually love doing it, like having a new phone. So OCD........

Thanks to both of you. I downloaded winscp to my computer, OpenSSH to both my wife's and my phones and was able to copy the files from my phone to hers. Worked perfectly. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by roypaith View Post
    Thanks to both of you. I downloaded winscp to my computer, OpenSSH to both my wife's and my phones and was able to copy the files from my phone to hers. Worked perfectly. Thanks again!
    Not a problem buddy

We are glad it's working for you now!