Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone turned brick

Hi,
    I stupidly hit erase all content and data from my iphone hoping that it would do a normal reset as im trying to sell the phone. Unfortunately it's jailbroken and now froze in the boot logo with the spinner. Is there any fix to that or do i really has to do an Apple restore and lose my baseband?

Currently, im able to put it in dfu mode and trying to download it current firmware to re-jailbreak it.
    Last edited by o0King0o; 07-17-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by o0King0o View Post
    Hi,
    I stupidly hit erase all content and data from my iphone hoping that it would do a normal reset as im trying to sell the phone. Unfortunately it's jailbroken and now froze in the boot logo with the spinner. Is there any fix to that or do i really has to do an Apple restore and lose my baseband?

Currently, im able to put it in dfu mode and trying to download it current firmware to re-jailbreak it.
    if you require the phone to be unlocked you must create a custom firmware from the stock firmware you are currently downloading

this will preserve the baseband and allow the unlock, otherwise if you restore to the stock firmware, you will update the baseband and lose the unlock capability

Am i able to do this without the saved shsh blobs?

no it cannot be done without any shsh blobs saved for "that" iOS version you are trying to downgrade to

so my only option is to restore the iphone via itune and lose my baseband?

no just create a custom firmware using the latest (signed) iOS version downloaded, depending on what phone you have

this custom firmware will preserve the baseband and allow the unlock to be possible

7. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

o0King0o (07-17-2012)

Try to pull the blobs off with Ifaith and make a custom ipsw. I have been able to pull them off before after hitting erasing all content and settings before. So u will be able to restore to a custom ipsw and save the baseband

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zoolman88 For This Useful Post:

o0King0o (07-17-2012)

Thanks

Yeah as long as its a version from 5.0.1 down...

Quote Originally Posted by zoolman88 View Post
    Try to pull the blobs off with Ifaith and make a custom ipsw. I have been able to pull them off before after hitting erasing all content and settings before. So u will be able to restore to a custom ipsw and save the baseband
    well, ifaith is for windows and unfortunately im on a mac...

I made a custom ipsw and restored it via itune but it gave me "error 14", sending me to a recovery loop

Update: thanks for the helps but i used the custom baseband from pwnagetool and pwndfu from redsnow and was able to preserve my baseband (i dont really care about the firmware)

glad its working now for you bud!