+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking after unlock through AT&T? [iPhone 3G]

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I just received a carrier unlock through AT&T for my iPhone 3G. I haven't actually unlocked it YET, though AT&T did send me the unlock code and instructions via email.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Jailbreaking after unlock through AT&T? [iPhone 3G]
    I just received a carrier unlock through AT&T for my iPhone 3G. I haven't actually unlocked it YET, though AT&T did send me the unlock code and instructions via email.

My question is, can I jailbreak the phone after doing the carrier unlock through iTunes? Are there any precautions or alterations that I must do to the jailbreak process? (And what process/method would you recommend for JB on the 3G?).

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. My iPhone 3G is currently on 4.2.1 (8C148), 05.15.04.

EVO
    Thanks

you can jailbreak before or after the jailbreak...

AT&T's instructions states you must restore your iphone to have it unlocked, but its actually not true, because once AT&T actually unlocks it on their end, you can just insert your SIM card into the phone, and if the phone recognizes the sim, it has been unlocked and you dont actually need to restore

just be sure to make a backup in itunes first before jailbreaking in case any issues occur

I recommend redsn0w, but thats just my preference

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

skaterbasist (08-01-2012)