+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Apps

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I was trying to get rid of a bunch of cydia tweaks that I don't use anymore such as winterboard and scrollingboard when I tried to uninstall threw cydia, none
    Thanks

Unhappy Cydia Apps
    I was trying to get rid of a bunch of cydia tweaks that I don't use anymore such as winterboard and scrollingboard when I tried to uninstall threw cydia, none of them were showing up as installed. Obviously they are as I have been using them. Thinking I could just delete them manually with iFile? Took screenshots of the app list
    Cydia Apps-img_0991.pngCydia Apps-img_0992.png

EVO
    Thanks

Is it still listed in Cydia?

Thanks

Yes, the apps are still listed when i search them in cydia. But It does not indicate they are installed. I've tried reinstalling an app (winterboard for example) then uninstalling, but same problem. I've never come across this before.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,598 Times in 5,890 Posts

I have heard of this before from a member, he was trying to delete WinterBoard also and was unable to. We finally figured out that he had to delete everything installed that required WinterBoard. Turned out he still had a theme that he wasn't using on his phone. Once removed that, he was able to uninstall WB.
    This was a year or so ago, so not 100% sure this is your issue but check and see what you come up with.
    Good luck.

Thanks

Ill give it a try, But it's more than winterboard. It seems to be about 80% of the cydia apps that I have installed. The only ones that appear as "installed" are ultrasn0w, springtomize, **********, and scrollingboard.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,598 Times in 5,890 Posts

See your post, a word is auto starred out because it contains a warez/pirate site or reference. (this is a filter our site has that auto stars certain references/words) Warez is most likely your issue. I suggest you get rid of all that and buy the apps or tweaks you want. It will save you so much brain damage in the long run as these are known to cause issues.
    Certainly a restore to a fresh OS will cure this.
    MMi stance is;
    The use of 'cracked apps' or 'warez', referring to commercial applications available on the iTunes App Store or Cydia Store that have been modified and distributed by third parties for free, is frowned upon by the community and against the forum rules; developers value your support! No support or help will be given in the use of them.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 07-14-2012 at 10:45 PM.

Thanks

I have always paid for cydia tweaks and apps but not the cracked app store ones as i don't usually keep em long enough to justify paying for em. But thanks for the heads up on the rules and the issues these cracked apps cause. I'll keep it in mind for future posts. I'll try the fresh restore once I figure out the issues I am having downgrading the iPad baseband.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waldoe View Post
    I have always paid for cydia tweaks and apps but not the cracked app store ones as i don't usually keep em long enough to justify paying for em. But thanks for the heads up on the rules and the issues these cracked apps cause. I'll keep it in mind for future posts. I'll try the fresh restore once I figure out the issues I am having downgrading the iPad baseband.
    if you want to manually delete the tweaks, you can ssh to the directory /Library/MobileSubstrate/ and delete the tweak with the extension dylib and plist, then reboot your phone.

However it is RECOMMENDED that you do a restore to make sure no future issues that could relate to this occur again. If any other issues occur, you wont have to think it was caused by this.

PS: We dont care if you use cracked apps or not, but please dont mention the operation/usage/assistance of it on mmi ok?

Thanks

I already tried to manually delete the tweaks and reboot. They still show up in settings. I ended up downgrading the 6.15 baseband, doing an official restore and jb. Phone is running alot smoother with more available memory. Where I used to have 12-25mb now it's about 54mb depending on what I'm running. Thanks for the help all.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waldoe View Post
    I already tried to manually delete the tweaks and reboot. They still show up in settings. I ended up downgrading the 6.15 baseband, doing an official restore and jb. Phone is running alot smoother with more available memory. Where I used to have 12-25mb now it's about 54mb depending on what I'm running. Thanks for the help all.
    We're glad you got it fixed on your own.

Sometimes only a restore is the best solution