+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does anyone have the magic IOS5 for Iphone 3GS, unlocked with 06.15.00 ipsw?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I've been waiting paitently for the only link and blog post about this that I could find to find another file host since none of us can download the ipsw
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Does anyone have the magic IOS5 for Iphone 3GS, unlocked with 06.15.00 ipsw?
    I've been waiting paitently for the only link and blog post about this that I could find to find another file host since none of us can download the ipsw but nothing is happening.
    I have a 3GS that I have unlocked through jailbreak but I want to run ios 5 on it since I run it on my itouch and now thing that my ios4 something iphone is pretty useless.

Does anyone have it or have any other solution on how I can use my iphone unlocked on the ipad baseband on IOS 5? Whenever I try to google it by myself I get a massive head ache as I only get linked to tutorial after tutorial, there seem to be no ONE tutorial explaining it all..

Of course I've tried to just install the ios5 on the phone so now it doesn't work at all. Go me.

Thanks

You can now downgrade your baseband from iPad baseband to an unlockable 5.13. With redsn0w!
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westc0ast View Post
    You can now downgrade your baseband from iPad baseband to an unlockable 5.13. With redsn0w!
    Are you serious?!

Thanks

Yes. I did it. You will need to update to ios 5.1.1 preserved baseband then just use redsn0w. 😉
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

5. The Following User Says Thank You to westc0ast For This Useful Post:

Mi3G (07-12-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes. I did it. You will need to update to ios 5.1.1 preserved baseband then just use redsn0w. ��
    Do you still have the tutorial you used? (if you used one :P) I find things like this one Downgrade 06.15.00 To 05.13.04 iPhone 3GS/3G With RedSn0w 0.9.14b1 [Windows] | iJailbreak.com which seems accurate since it's new enough.

And then on top of that I just upgrade to 5.1.1 but with a preserving baseband method?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You upgraded to 5.1.1 with the ipad baseband, which requires you to restore with a custom firmware. If this is what you did or are planning to do then that's fine, simply get the latest version of Redsn0w from the dev team's blog and select to downgrade the baseband. It's as simple as following the directions in Redsn0w. The guide you have there is to jailbreak the device as well. This is unnecessary if you are to upgrade to 5.1.1 with a custom firmware. The custom firmware will jb the device. All you have to do is select in Redsn0w to only downgrade the baseband and nothing else.

You can create a custom firmware to restore to with Redsn0w as well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes. I did it. You will need to update to ios 5.1.1 preserved baseband then just use redsn0w. ��
    Just wanted to say thank you and that you've made a very hormonal pregnant woman very happy. I now got my 3GS on 5.13.04 and ios 5.1.1!

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    You upgraded to 5.1.1 with the ipad baseband, which requires you to restore with a custom firmware. If this is what you did or are planning to do then that's fine, simply get the latest version of Redsn0w from the dev team's blog and select to downgrade the baseband. It's as simple as following the directions in Redsn0w. The guide you have there is to jailbreak the device as well. This is unnecessary if you are to upgrade to 5.1.1 with a custom firmware. The custom firmware will jb the device. All you have to do is select in Redsn0w to only downgrade the baseband and nothing else.

You can create a custom firmware to restore to with Redsn0w as well.
    Thank you for taking the time to write this! I took a different approach and managed to get it all done but your way would have been a lot easier and a lot less time consuming :P

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Glad you got it all worked out anyhow

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mi3G View Post
    Just wanted to say thank you and that you've made a very hormonal pregnant woman very happy. I now got my 3GS on 5.13.04 and ios 5.1.1!

Thank you for taking the time to write this! I took a different approach and managed to get it all done but your way would have been a lot easier and a lot less time consuming :P
    The real question is........is the phone able to receive a signal from the sim after the baseband downgrade?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    The real question is........is the phone able to receive a signal from the sim after the baseband downgrade?
    It works flawlessly! Been using it all day today.
    But I also never had any GPS problems on the ipad BB if that even matters.. but that BB worked great on my phone as well.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mi3G View Post
    It works flawlessly! Been using it all day today.
    But I also never had any GPS problems on the ipad BB if that even matters.. but that BB worked great on my phone as well.
    It's a hit and miss, mostly hit for people downgrading the iPad baseband and not receiving a signal, but we're glad it's working for you