+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Music player not starting

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
So i have a problem.Dont know if this is the right section so here we go. My music app on my iphone is not starting anymore.when i tap it it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry Music player not starting
    So i have a problem.Dont know if this is the right section so here we go.
    My music app on my iphone is not starting anymore.when i tap it it shows me a white screen like before when it worked but then it exits after a few seconds...if i double tap the home button and slide to right the music controls apear and from there i can play,pause and skip songs but when i try to enter in the so called player it stops after showing me the white screen.
    iPhone details:
    iPhone 3gs 16gb
    iOS 5.1.1 sn0wbreeze untethered jailbreak and unlocked with ultrasn0w & ultrasn0w fixer
    What can be the cause of this?

EVO
    Thanks

Welcome to MMi buddy!

it could be a tweak(s).

You would have to uninstall each tweak, then run the music app after each uninstall to check.

It is time consuming unless you only have a couple tweaks.

If you want the quickest fix, backup itunes, then restore via a custom firmware to preserve baseband for unlock and then test the music app again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone butler007's Avatar
    Thanks

It's probably worth using springtomize or SBSettings to disable each tweak, one at a time instead of uninstalling/reinstalling each one Also, yuo haven't been playing around with any files in iFile, have you? I had a similar sounding problem with my mobilePhone app after messing about with files, so may be able to help if you have

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just viewed some files with iFiles not actually editing or deleting something and i don^t have a lot of tweaks so thanks for the advice i^ll try the lethod with the tweaks...let you know after i finish.and maybe it will be helpfull to post this as well but some days ago i had the same problem with safari and dont know how that was fixed by itself or i dont remember where i got my fingers or something like that

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kent8hd View Post
    just viewed some files with iFiles not actually editing or deleting something and i don^t have a lot of tweaks so thanks for the advice i^ll try the lethod with the tweaks...let you know after i finish.and maybe it will be helpfull to post this as well but some days ago i had the same problem with safari and dont know how that was fixed by itself or i dont remember where i got my fingers or something like that
    no problem, if it does not work, your best bet is to restore again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just uninstalled all tweaks and winterboard and voila it works again...thanks for ur help guys and for such a fast response.when u said that i must restore again u scared me because is not even a month passed from the last restore and that was the first jailbreak and unlock on this phone...thanks again

EVO
    Thanks

just uninstalled all tweaks and winterboard and voila it works again...thanks for ur help guys and for such a fast response.when u said that i must restore again u scared me because is not even a month passed from the last restore and that was the first jailbreak and unlock on this phone...thanks again
    you're quite welcome.

now all you gotta do is install each tweak, starting with Winterboard (it is the most important one ) then check your music app.

If you do do this for each tweak you install again, you will probably find the culprit

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well i did^t uninstalled winterboard just some tweaks that are not that special to me...i can live without them...thanks again

EVO
    Thanks

well i did^t uninstalled winterboard just some tweaks that are not that special to me...i can live without them...thanks again
    No problem bud!

Come back with any other questions you have in the future

LinkBacks (?)