+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery problem or normal.

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Few days ago, I got a replacement iphone 4S from Apple Store due to the old one has problem with WIFI, it's randomly turn-off wifi few times aday. Anyway, got
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vietkool's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Battery problem or normal.
    Few days ago, I got a replacement iphone 4S from Apple Store due to the old one has problem with WIFI, it's randomly turn-off wifi few times aday. Anyway, got a replacement one jailbreak and restore everything were backup from the previous one. and I have notice the battery drain so fast. (faster than the iphone I had before replacement). I have it standby at 11:30 to 6:30 (7hrs) battery drained 20% while my previous one before replacement , the battery only drain 6% . I have everything restore the same as I had on the other phone.
    is it normal battery drain or too much ?

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Try restoring from new and see what happens. You most likely have something on that last backup that is draining your battery like nuts. This is not normal, at all as a matter of fact.

5 - 6% is normal though.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

Yeah . My previous one, the battery drain around 6% to 8% for 7hrs cuz everyday I look at the battery % when I wakeup it shows at 94% but with this replacement one, 4 days on the row it shows 20% lost after 7hrs standby.
    You mean restore new with no app install on it ?

Thanks

Yes, that's exactly what I mean.

Thanks

I did the restore with no app install (fresh restored) watch it closely from 11:30 to 1:25 battery drained 2.5% to 3% standby. is it normal?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I don't see this being abnormal with a jailbroken device. It also depends on what you've got installed on it. I understand your previous phone may seem to have a longer battery life, but it could be due to the wifi shutting off. Try shutting your wifi off when you're not using it and you may get the battery life you're expecting. As far as I can see, the battery drain isn't excessive.

EVO
    Thanks

you have to remember that when you get a warranty replacement from Apple, it is not guarantee you will get a new one.

Most likely you got a refurbished one that may have had some other issue that was not notified by the previous owner, but was only fixed by the issues the previous owner said.

I would not even bother with restoring.

I would just make another trip back to Apple and tell them what the issue is, and to tell them you want a brand new one because you dont want to make a 3rd trip again.

Thanks

Yeah I would thing so too ... cuz I rather have my old one back and live with the wifi turn off few times a day which wont bother me that much but battery drain like crazy now ... from 8AM my phone show 78% with standby & stay in one place, to 6PM it shows 58%. Technically the battery drain 2% every hr.
    Do you think they gonna give a brand new or just another used one. Cuz this replacement one I can tell it used cuz the speaker cover show dirty and the charger plug shows sign of wear-out.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Probably another refurbed one. Typically they don't replace them with brand new phones, not that it never happens, it it just more likely to get a refurbed.

Thanks

They'll probably give you a new one if you demand it, tell them the issue and tell them you want a new iPhone, NOT a refurbished one (they seem to always try that :L) But I think they'll give you a new one if you ask enough times.

EDIT: Annie beat me while I was typing. I'm not a parrot!

EVO
    Thanks

if you are adamant enough, you "may" get a brand new one sealed.

however, also remember that it has been quite a while since the 4s has been released, and I'm pretty sure they have received many defective ones that were refurbished as used or new.

However, explain to them the situation and you may get lucky. Just inspect it in and out when the genius brings you the replacement

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    They'll probably give you a new one if you demand it, tell them the issue and tell them you want a new iPhone, NOT a refurbished one (they seem to always try that :L) But I think they'll give you a new one if you ask enough times.

EDIT: Annie beat me while I was typing. I'm not a parrot!
    relax!

Thanks

Not only that, My old one warranty expired on Dec. 24-2012, they replaced this one warranty expired on Oct 12-2012 which more than 2 months earlier than it was. .I've used Iphone since first generation till now, This is my first time that I have to go thru all this replacement thing.
    Will make aptnt to see them tomorrow

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vietkool View Post
    Not only that, My old one warranty expired on Dec. 24-2012, they replaced this one warranty expired on Oct 12-2012 which more than 2 months earlier than it was. .I've used Iphone since first generation till now, This is my first time that I have to go thru all this replacement thing.
    Will make aptnt to see them tomorrow
    good luck.....once again

Thanks

got a replacement, jbed and restored all my data from the old one. Battery issue seem to be fixed now. Lost about 5%-6% after 7hrs standby.
    thanks guys

EVO
    Thanks

cool bud!

we're glad the mouse and cat game is over now!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 07-11-2012, 07:34 AM