+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS stuck on apple logo but boots up on itunes *NOT NORMAL*

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hey guys, I have an iPhone 3GS that I jailbroke while on firmware 5.0 the other day I tried to upgrade it to 5.1.1 it worked out but the screen
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3GS stuck on apple logo but boots up on itunes *NOT NORMAL*
    Hey guys, I have an iPhone 3GS that I jailbroke while on firmware 5.0 the other day I tried to upgrade it to 5.1.1 it worked out but the screen is stuck on the apple logo. Now this is usually an easy fix as I had this problem before but this time it is different. While the screen is stuck on the apple logo I can still connect to iTunes and it seems like iTunes doesn't even see the problem, I can go through all the data on the phone, upload music, pictures just as if there is no problem. I tried almost everything, putting it in DFU mode and restoring and it restores but the problem continues. Please help if you have any suggestions! Thanks in advance!

EVO
    Thanks

That is quite an intriguing issue as I have not seen anyone encountering that issue yet.

1. Are you on the ipad baseband?
    2. Did you try restoring to an earlier iOS version?.....like a custom 4.1 since apple is still signing it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    That is quite an intriguing issue as I have not seen anyone encountering that issue yet.

1. Are you on the ipad baseband?
    2. Did you try restoring to an earlier iOS version?.....like a custom 4.1 since apple is still signing it?
    Hello EVO, firstly I would like to thank you for your help. As far as knowing if it is on ipad baseband I have no clue because this is my cousins phone and he did not know exactly what he was doing but he did say that he first tried to jailbreak it on absinthe which gave him an error so he ended up going to redsn0w and successfully got it jailbroken *tethered*. So what he did was unknowingly let the battery die it didn't boot back up so I tried using iBooty to reboot it but it doesnt work, it keeps trying to do the reboot over and over again. I too have dealt with many iPhones and have never seen a problem like this one. To answer your second question, no I have nevertried restoring to an earlier iOS version, but for all we know it may be on an iPad baseband. If you have any more questions please ask.

EVO
    Thanks

here's what I suggest to do:

since itunes recognize the device, back it up first

then download the 4.1 firmware here: iPhone 3G 4.1 - Downloads - Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums | ModMyi.com

download sn0wbreeze and create a custom 4.1 firmware

then follow the instructions in sn0wbreeze to put your phone in PWNED DFU mode

then SHIFT + restore to the custom 4.1 firmware and lets hope it works

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what version of snoowbreeze? and if it doesnt work is their a other way?

EVO
    Thanks

use the latest version from ih8sn0w.com

if that does not work, it is very possible it is a hardware issue, and can be only fixed if serviced.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

shift plus restore on itunes? and how do you create a custom firmware from snowbreeze?

EVO
    Thanks

follow instructions here: New Sn0wbreeze 5.1.1 Jailbreak For iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4, 3 & iPad - YouTube

It will be the same for 4.1 firmware

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just realized you gave me the iPhone 3G firmware to download lmao I have an iPhone 3GS would you mind providing me with the link to it please, and thank you for all the help so far

EVO
    Thanks

really?

I do apologize for the inconvenience

Here it is: iPhone 3GS 4.1 - Downloads - Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums | ModMyi.com

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    really?

I do apologize for the inconvenience

Here it is: iPhone 3GS 4.1 - Downloads - Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums | ModMyi.com
    its ok, just one moment while I go through this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey it didn't go through I tried it twice both times I got error code 1600

EVO
    Thanks

did you make sure you were in PWNED DFU mode?.....

meaning did you receive confirmation from sn0wbreeze it was in PWNED DFU mode?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BluejayzCity View Post
    Hey guys, I have an iPhone 3GS that I jailbroke while on firmware 5.0 the other day I tried to upgrade it to 5.1.1 it worked out but the screen is stuck on the apple logo. Now this is usually an easy fix as I had this problem before but this time it is different. While the screen is stuck on the apple logo I can still connect to iTunes and it seems like iTunes doesn't even see the problem, I can go through all the data on the phone, upload music, pictures just as if there is no problem. I tried almost everything, putting it in DFU mode and restoring and it restores but the problem continues. Please help if you have any suggestions! Thanks in advance!
    I had this exact same problem. Fixed it by opening the phone, pulling off the metal plates that cover the components on the logicboard, and used circuit cleaner spray and a gentle toothbrush. Put it back together and it booted just fine.