+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Respring Loop Problem; Happened 4 times already on 5.1.1

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
ok well when you go through the stages on your iphone to set it up, at the end, select the option to set it as a new phone instead of
    EVO
    Thanks

ok well when you go through the stages on your iphone to set it up, at the end, select the option to set it as a new phone instead of through backup

because the important thing we need to do right now is fix those crashed apps, once its fixed, you can always restore back to the NO_BB and restore from icloud

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok I'm on the NO_BB firmware now and I'm all set, how exactly do I fix this from this point?

EVO
    Thanks

wasnt so bad was it?

now I believe you said the apps crashing were the ones from the appstore?....if so just re-download those, and test it for a couple days, see if they crash or not.......if it DOES crash again, there is an underlying and probably more serious issue

if it doesnt crash, do the same method to restore back to the NO_BB firmware, then restore from icloud

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    wasnt so bad was it?

now I believe you said the apps crashing were the ones from the appstore?....if so just re-download those, and test it for a couple days, see if they crash or not.......if it DOES crash again, there is an underlying and probably more serious issue

if it doesnt crash, do the same method to restore back to the NO_BB firmware, then restore from icloud
    It's sort of a random event. Today it happened when I was attempting to send an MMS message. Another time while I tried to access my messages. Perhaps this has something to do with a tweak then? Though I don't use SMS tweaks..

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, though you might want to keep this in mind if its under guarantee still... this happened to me and took 6 months to resolve. I suspected SBSettings (wifi and reboot issues) and also all App store apps would crash when launched, in the end my wifi and Bluetooth settings greyed out, it was a faulty phone!
    To fix App store apps crashing at launch, all I had to do was to delete one and reinstall it. I hope it's not your hardware, but in my case by the time I found the problem it was out of guarantee.
    I am now on iOS5.0.1 with a replacement iPhone4. I have had the odd random respring problem and these we're down to NC Rotation Lock and CameraLocker. Also check to see if your tweaks are iOS5 compatible.
    If you find you are in a reboot loop, you might try to hold the home and lock buttons for several reboot loops to see if it goes off and then try DFU mode and the Redsnow loop fix option.
    My Syslog had this after the crash

*SpringBoard[37]: *** Assertion failure in _EDGEDataActivateFailed(), /SourceCache/SpringBoard/SpringBoard-1400.95/SBTelephonyManager.m:2472

It did vary but always had the SBTelephonyManager statement
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 07-08-2012 at 03:14 AM.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sirjuice View Post
    It's sort of a random event. Today it happened when I was attempting to send an MMS message. Another time while I tried to access my messages. Perhaps this has something to do with a tweak then? Though I don't use SMS tweaks..
    basically what we're trying to do is as I mentioned earlier is eliminate as many obstacles as possible (in essence the jailbreak, tweaks, etc.), which is to one your device completely STOCK

so do your normal tasks on your iphone for a couple days, send sms, make calls, run those crashes apps, etc.

that way we can determine if its due to somewhere in the jailbreak or not...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

what bb is installed on your phone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kioes's Avatar
    Thanks

Also, make sure you are not restoring from backup. that will bring the problem across so setup as a new phone.
    Hit the thanks button if i helped in anyway

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kioes View Post
    Also, make sure you are not restoring from backup. that will bring the problem across so setup as a new phone.
    yup that is the way to test these type of issues, restore back to stock and run stock

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So apparently the problem lies within the backup, or at least it seems that way.. I restored as a test with minimal tweaks and it happened again. But the question is; what do I do from here? I have valuable contact info and more stored within that backup. :/
    Last edited by sirjuice; 07-14-2012 at 02:47 PM.

EVO
    Thanks

So apparently the problem lies within the backup, or at least it seems that way.. I restored as a test with minimal tweaks and it happened again. But the question is; what do I do from here? I have valuable contact info and more stored within that backup. :/

What you're gonna have to do is restore that backup, then use iTunes to sync your contacts with your Windows or MAC's address book.

If you have text messages, you first have to install OpenSSH from Cydia, then download Winscp, and go to th directory private/var/mobile/Library/SMS and backup the SMS.db file

For you photos, go to the directory var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE and backup that folder

Then restore as new and don't restore the backup, jailbreak, install OpenSSH and transfer the backup files back to the appropriate directory

12. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

sirjuice (07-15-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, iTunes only keeps one backup per device, so if your using iCloud backups, I would recommend once your stuff is back on your phone, connecting to iTunes via USB and right clicking on your phone and selecting backup, this will save a backup on your PC. Now copy this to another location as an extra backup. Then get PkgBackup from Cydia, this can be used to backup your Cydia tweaks, texts, screen layout, contacts, notes and numerous other things to Dropbox. Your iTunes backup will save your texts, Camera Roll and App data but not your Contacts. The more backups the better. I personally don't like syncing on an "empty" phone without making a copy of my iTunes backup as I have had this overwrite my original backup on more than one occasion. Remember iTunes only keeps the one backup.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Hi, iTunes only keeps one backup per device, so if your using iCloud backups, I would recommend once your stuff is back on your phone, connecting to iTunes via USB and right clicking on your phone and selecting backup, this will save a backup on your PC. Now copy this to another location as an extra backup. Then get PkgBackup from Cydia, this can be used to backup your Cydia tweaks, texts, screen layout, contacts, notes and numerous other things to Dropbox. Your iTunes backup will save your texts, Camera Roll and App data but not your Contacts. The more backups the better. I personally don't like syncing on an "empty" phone without making a copy of my iTunes backup as I have had this overwrite my original backup on more than one occasion. Remember iTunes only keeps the one backup.
    Although that is a good idea it is not recommended for him to restore from that problematic backup, but set it up as a new phone, then ssh the important files back manually, then use a backup source

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    What you're gonna have to do is restore that backup, then use iTunes to sync your contacts with your Windows or MAC's address book.

If you have text messages, you first have to install OpenSSH from Cydia, then download Winscp, and go to th directory private/var/mobile/Library/SMS and backup the SMS.db file

For you photos, go to the directory var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE and backup that folder

Then restore as new and don't restore the backup, jailbreak, install OpenSSH and transfer the backup files back to the appropriate directory
    Alright I followed your steps and I'm hoping for the best! Thank you for lending me a hand with this, it's deeply appreciated.

EDIT: Only thing is that the 100APPLE folder is copied to the correct location but the photos aren't showing up on my phone.
    Last edited by sirjuice; 07-15-2012 at 04:01 PM.

EVO
    Thanks

Alright I followed your steps and I'm hoping for the best! Thank you for lending me a hand with this, it's deeply appreciated.

EDIT: Only thing is that the 100APPLE folder is copied to the correct location but the photos aren't showing up on my phone.
    Try SSH to the location Private->Var->Mobile->Media->PhotoData, then delete the following files:
    com.apple.photos.caches_metadata.plist
    Photos.sqlite
    PhotosAux.sqlite

reboot the device and reopen the photos app

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12