+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Constantly bad reception with WiFi?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hey guys, after jailbreaking my iPhone 4s a couple days after the 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak came out with Absinthe 2.0, my reception on my phone's been really bad! 1 bar
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Constantly bad reception with WiFi?
    Hey guys, after jailbreaking my iPhone 4s a couple days after the 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak came out with Absinthe 2.0, my reception on my phone's been really bad! 1 bar MAX, unless I turn 3G on. This wasn't a problem as I thought it may have something to do with the jailbreak as Absinthe was quite new and may have some bugs. I also had a problem of my phone freezing and taking 5 mins to boot up. With these problems along with my lack of reception, I decided to restore & jailbreak, but yet again my recepetion is completely crap! unless 3G is turned on..but constantly having 3G turned on isn't the problem, it's the battery drain that is. I would happily have 3G on at home and stuff but it rinses my battery really quickly! sometimes it doesn't even last a day. Is there anything i can do?
    Thanks

EVO
    Thanks

your description appears to be more of a hardware issue then software..

if you have restored and the wi-fi issue still persists, then it may be the antenna surround the case.

Apple are not known to, but do occasionally have manufacturing defects..

If you have SHSH blobs for iOS 5.0.1 or 5.1, try to restore to that and see if the problem persist, it may also be an iOS issue but if that's the case, there's no point in keeping it and you might as well return it for warranty replacement anyways

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post
    your description appears to be more of a hardware issue then software..

if you have restored and the wi-fi issue still persists, then it may be the antenna surround the case.

Apple are not known to, but do occasionally have manufacturing defects..

If you have SHSH blobs for iOS 5.0.1 or 5.1, try to restore to that and see if the problem persist, it may also be an iOS issue but if that's the case, there's no point in keeping it and you might as well return it for warranty replacement anyways
    No, i believe the signal was fine when I restored it, I think it only occurs when I jailbreak my phone. Also the signal seems to die as soon as I leave my house, even with 3G on? :S

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJ3FFX View Post
    No, i believe the signal was fine when I restored it, I think it only occurs when I jailbreak my phone. Also the signal seems to die as soon as I leave my house, even with 3G on? :S
    are you sure?

did you fully test it, by running it on the iOS stock (without the jailbreak) for a day and test the reception, then apply the jailbreak and test the signal again?

I can assure you its not the jailbreak, because I have a 4s and ran it on both 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 and the reception is fine

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

+1. Test it again and run stock for a while. You can then attempt the jailbreak again but try Redsn0w this time.