+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Settings>Wallpaper issue

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I recently jailbroke my iPhone 4s 5.1.1 using absinthe 2.0.1 and was having issues with it, so with the new release of redsn0w I restored and rejailbroke. However now my
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Sinskin8r's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Settings>Wallpaper issue
    I recently jailbroke my iPhone 4s 5.1.1 using absinthe 2.0.1 and was having issues with it, so with the new release of redsn0w I restored and rejailbroke. However now my wallpapers in my settings app is just a black screen

Settings>Wallpaper issue-imageuploadedbymodmyi1339033935.494993.jpg

In ifile all of my wallpapers are still visible and can be saved.. Idk what could be causing this but any help would be appreciated.

EVO
    Thanks

you dont re-jailbreak an already jailbroken idevice, unless it was tethered originally...

if you had issues, you would of need to see if any cydia you installed was causing that issue by doing a process of elimination, or if you cannot find the issue and have backed up your data, do a complete restore

however, applying a jailbreak over a jailbreak device can cause software issue

here's what I suggest doing, SSH to your Wallpaper directory via /var/stash/library/Wallpaper/iPhone and backup all the files to your computer, then delete the contents of that folder..

then respring the phone, then transfer all the content back to that /Wallpaper/iPhone folder and respring again, now it "should" be back to normal, but I cant gurantee that..

try that and if it does not work we can go from there

Thanks

Thank you for the response but you misunderstood me saying "rejailbreak". I had fully restored my device as new and then jailbroke using redsn0w. The wallpaper issue is not from a tweak because i had nothing installed when I noticed it. Thank you for your time I appreciate it. I will try this method and let you know how it goes..

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sinskin8r View Post
    Thank you for the response but you misunderstood me saying "rejailbreak". I had fully restored my device as new and then jailbroke using redsn0w. The wallpaper issue is not from a tweak because i had nothing installed when I noticed it. Thank you for your time I appreciate it. I will try this method and let you know how it goes..
    the jailbreak process in redsn0w "could" have corrupted one of the system files that display that Wallpaper picture..

if that method does not work, do another restore again and see if that black Wallpaper issue still exists, once you restore check the Settings Wallpaper and see if it displays normally, then jailbreak and then test the Wallpaper display again..

that way we can see if its related to the iOS restore or the jailbreak causing it

Thanks

No need it worked thank you for your time!

EVO
    Thanks

No need it worked thank you for your time!
    cool so the method I suggested worked, or did you try something else?

Thanks

Yeah your method worked. I used ifile instead tho and just copied the file to Dropbox deleted and then replaced. Worked like a charm

EVO
    Thanks

Yeah your method worked. I used ifile instead tho and just copied the file to Dropbox deleted and then replaced. Worked like a charm
    good job bud!

if you have any questions feel free to post and we will gladly assist you!

have a nice day!