Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: my iphone has bee restoring/erasing for over 10 hours!

Default my iphone has bee restoring/erasing for over 10 hours!
    Hello guys, i am new to this and am a complete noob to jailbreaking, so please bare with me.

my friend from work has jailbroken my iphone 4s 16gb. i didnt like it so decided to restore the iphone, i did this through the phone not itunes. (setting, reset, erase everything)

the phone then shuts down and has the little circle in the middle of the screen, the same one you get when you iphone is turning off. as if its doing something. but it has been like this for over 10 hours! i researched forum to find people are saying it takes around 2-3 hours but i left it overnight and its still going. this is all i get,-arcsoft_image3.jpg

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Tom

With the device plugged into the computer Hold in the home button and lock button at the same time till the screen goes black and then count to 3 let up on the top button and keep hold of the bottom button and it should go to dfu mode and ITunes will pick it up just restore then

oh that's familiar. i actually did that with my jailbroken iphone 4. After that, i found out that if u erase ur jailbroken phone like that, it will stuck. so all u can do now is restore is by going into DFU mode.

Quote Originally Posted by str9_tnt View Post
    oh that's familiar. i actually did that with my jailbroken iphone 4. After that, i found out that if u erase ur jailbroken phone like that, it will stuck. so all u can do now is restore is by going into DFU mode.
    it is NEVER a good idea to do an "Erase All Contents and Settings" on a jailbroken iphone beause when you do that, system files that were overwritten during the jailbreaking process gets corrupted..

the best thing to do as suggested is putting your iphone in DFU mode and restoring again