+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 4 5.1.1(B208) firmware upgrading

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I read it is ok to update iphone4 5.1.1(B208) firmware and be be able to jailbreak using absinthe. I am currently on a customized 5.1.1(B206) firm created with redsnow since
    iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iphone 4 5.1.1(B208) firmware upgrading
    I read it is ok to update iphone4 5.1.1(B208) firmware and be be able to jailbreak using absinthe. I am currently on a customized 5.1.1(B206) firm created with redsnow since I wanted to preserve my bb. I wanted to upgrade to (B208) while preserving the bb again; however, redsnow doesn't recognize the build. Is it true that I don't need to custom build it since this build doesn't update the bb? Can someone confirm before I go ahead? Thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

Why would you do that any way. Both builds are the same. The only difference is that, B206 is JB with Absinthe 2.0.1 and B208 can be JB with Absinthe 2.0.2

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Why would you do that any way. Both builds are the same. The only difference is that, B206 is JB with Absinthe 2.0.1 and B208 can be JB with Absinthe 2.0.2
    agreed!

you will just be doing more work, but if you want more work, then the answer to your question is you still must create a custom firmware from the 5.1.1(B208) using sn0wbreeze or redsn0w

LinkBacks (?)