Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia crash 5.1.1

Default Cydia crash 5.1.1
    I have iphone 4 ios 5.1.1 (9B208)
    Cydia crashes, but everytime i go in safemode ane restart it works but as soon as i exit cydia and try going back it crashes.
    When trying to refresh recently it said 'host not found' but i think thats because a source i have.
    Is it possible its crashing just because cydia servers are very busy because the new absinthe jb?
    Update: now cydia doesnt open even after safemode.
    Update2: now cydia opened but still crashes after closing it
    Last edited by BeginnerThemer; 05-30-2012 at 04:45 PM.
    If i helped you in any way and/or caused you to brick your phone, click the botton in my post

you didnt install any particular tweaks before this issue occurred have you?

the cydia server being swamped would have nothing to do with the crash, if it was busy, it will still open but you would have received errors while it was loading to fetch data from the server

it was most likely the jailbreak process itself, meaning when absinthe runs and modifies the system files...

I would suggest if you dont have any important data (or sync to itunes), and put your phone in DFU mode, and do a FRESH restore (shift + click restore), then run absinthe to jailbreak...

if you just rejailbreak, they may residual issues lurking in the system files..

Quote Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post
    you didnt install any particular tweaks before this issue occurred have you?

the cydia server being swamped would have nothing to do with the crash, if it was busy, it will still open but you would have received errors while it was loading to fetch data from the server

it was most likely the jailbreak process itself, meaning when absinthe runs and modifies the system files...

I would suggest if you dont have any important data (or sync to itunes), and put your phone in DFU mode, and do a FRESH restore (shift + click restore), then run absinthe to jailbreak...

if you just rejailbreak, they may residual issues lurking in the system files..
    I've rejailbroke already but I think It might be activator? I think I hav 1.6.2 but I can't really go into cydia to look. I use activator to respring and go into safe mode. I'll restore and rejailbreak AGAIN, wish mine would just work like the other 2 million peoples

Quote Originally Posted by BeginnerThemer View Post
    I've rejailbroke already but I think It might be activator? I think I hav 1.6.2 but I can't really go into cydia to look. I use activator to respring and go into safe mode. I'll restore and rejailbreak AGAIN, wish mine would just work like the other 2 million peoples
    haha sorry!

I've already restore mine a couple times and jailbreak and no issues at all...

remember to restore a fresh iOS 5.1.1 then jailbreak, it will eliminate most if not all problems

I have to set up and activate it before i can jb it tho, right?
    If i helped you in any way and/or caused you to brick your phone, click the botton in my post

you dont have to, I do it first before i jailbreak so once its done with the process, I can jump right into cydia and mod