+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs wont start up or restore.

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I just got my new iphone 3gs today and had to hacktivate it, i had just got it hacktivated and then i saw a little 1 in the top right
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3gs wont start up or restore.
    I just got my new iphone 3gs today and had to hacktivate it, i had just got it hacktivated and then i saw a little 1 in the top right hand corner of the settings app/button i clicked it and it had asked me to upgrade to ios 5.1 i clicked that once it got done doing that i havent been able to get back onto my iphone 3gs as it will begin starting up show the apple logo then crash and do it again, i have tried restoring it but get the error 3194. I have tried entering it in DFU mode and google-ing for hours just to try to figure this out. Help would be much appreciated, Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

If you have Tiny Umbrella installed, run it and go to adv tab > make sure set hosts file to cydia is unchecked and close Tiny umbrella. Now do your restore either from recovery mode or Homescreen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have Tried using Tiny Umbrella but when i go to use tiny umbrella my iphone doesnt show up unless in recovery mode or DFU mode as it wont turn on past apple logo, but when i start it up it says "Set hosts file to cydia is currently in use" i go to turn it off but its grayed out and unchecked. :/

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

You don't need to plug in your iphone when you run Tiny Umbrella. The setting of hosts file back to apple server is to avoid error 3194 when you restore to 5.1.1 which apple is currently signing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So then how would i go about fixing this if there is a way?

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    You don't need to plug in your iphone when you run Tiny Umbrella. The setting of hosts file back to apple server is to avoid error 3194 when you restore to 5.1.1 which apple is currently signing.
    Oh and also i have tried to re-jailbreak as i can put it into DFU mode And Recovery mode But when i try to re-jailbreak my iphone always stops at transferring control to jailbreak.
    Last edited by Dziban; 05-30-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dziban
    Oh and also i have tried to re-jailbreak as i can put it into DFU mode And Recovery mode But when i try to re-jailbreak my iphone always stops at transferring control to jailbreak.
    What program are you using to jailbreak your iPhone?

Also, have you successfully restored your iPhone to iOS 5.1.1? A clean restore will help with completing a clean jailbreak.