+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trying to JB, Absinthe 2.0 crashes...

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
So I'm trying to Jb my i4 (5.1.1.), but Absinthe 2.0 (I've tried both 2.0, 2.0.1. and 2.0.2) just keeps crashing on me. What is wrong? It runs fine for
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Trying to JB, Absinthe 2.0 crashes...
    So I'm trying to Jb my i4 (5.1.1.), but Absinthe 2.0 (I've tried both 2.0, 2.0.1. and 2.0.2) just keeps crashing on me. What is wrong? It runs fine for the first minute or two, but it always bugs out somewhere along the four minute mark.

Dunno why, since I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary. I keep having to clear the previous JB attempts, and start oer, only to end up with the same result over and over again. I've re-downloaded the software, but nothing helps.

I'm soo frustrated right now...

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

What are the steps ya taking for this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Updated to 5.1.1. via iTunes. DL:ed Absinthe 2.0.2 from Greenpois0n.com, unzip, open the inital file as Admin and let it create the new folder with the actual software, run absinthe.exe as Admin, and then I just wait for the program to do it's business. I read about someone else having issues, so I just DL:ed the tethered 5.1.1. Redsn0w software, but I don't wanna run it and risk getting "trapped" with a tethered phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm having the exact same issue with Absinthe 2.0.2. Tried jailbreaking my iPhone 4S and my sister's iPhone 4, both upgraded to iOS 5.1.1, on my Windows 7 x64 laptop. Absinthe says "Absinthe has encountered a problem and needs to close" when it gets to the "Preparing jailbreak" stage.

I don't feel ready to restore yet, because all of my music is saved to another hard drive which I can't access at the moment, so restoring will cause me to lose everything.

It would be nice if the jailbreak just worked, like it does for millions of others apparently. I had issues with the first Absinthe jailbreak as well (lost all of my photos from the camera roll randomly).

Any advice other than "restore your phone" would be nice, thanks

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xmadcapx View Post
    Updated to 5.1.1. via iTunes. DL:ed Absinthe 2.0.2 from Greenpois0n.com, unzip, open the inital file as Admin and let it create the new folder with the actual software, run absinthe.exe as Admin, and then I just wait for the program to do it's business. I read about someone else having issues, so I just DL:ed the tethered 5.1.1. Redsn0w software, but I don't wanna run it and risk getting "trapped" with a tethered phone.
    what is the message that is showing when it fails? Elaborate more on the failing part...

Quote Originally Posted by swanny246 View Post
    I'm having the exact same issue with Absinthe 2.0.2. Tried jailbreaking my iPhone 4S and my sister's iPhone 4, both upgraded to iOS 5.1.1, on my Windows 7 x64 laptop. Absinthe says "Absinthe has encountered a problem and needs to close" when it gets to the "Preparing jailbreak" stage.

I don't feel ready to restore yet, because all of my music is saved to another hard drive which I can't access at the moment, so restoring will cause me to lose everything.

It would be nice if the jailbreak just worked, like it does for millions of others apparently. I had issues with the first Absinthe jailbreak as well (lost all of my photos from the camera roll randomly).

Any advice other than "restore your phone" would be nice, thanks
    try running Absinthe on another computer

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post
    try running Absinthe on another computer
    Tried my work laptop Windows XP. Now I'm getting "Error detecting device (lockdown error -5)".

Quick google search suggests I need to reset my phone back to default settings. Gah, I can't bloody reset it!

EDIT: Only thing I just thought is my work internet goes through a proxy. Does Absinthe connect to the internet? If that's the case I'll take my work laptop home and try through my home internet tonight. If that still doesn't work then I have no freakin' idea >.<
    Last edited by swanny246; 05-29-2012 at 07:23 PM.

I have a MacBook and neither absinthe has ever worked on it. It just closes when I hook my devices and I have done all of the administrator steps. The crash report says that thread 5 crashed and sometimes thread 7 crashes. I have no other programs running. So, I have always had to use my windows computer, which I dislike for anything except ifaith and Absinthe. Any ideas are welcome, but ive searched tons of threads, even watched several videos (nothing varies from what im doing), rebooted, ran in safe mode, and ive tried so many tricks that I have resorted to telling myself, it's just one of those fluke deals that handful of people get. if I ever find out why, it would help me sleep at night knowing it was just a simple fix.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What I meant by "fail" is just what the other posters have written: "Absinthe has encountered a problem blablabla..." I'm running it on W7 64, too. I'll DL Absinthe to my XP computer and try to see if that makes any difference. Thx for the idea...

Next step is the dreadful "full reset", but if that doesn't work, I guess I'll just have to get the back-up from iTunes and start all over again.

So I just tried to run Absinthe on my old XP laptop, but that didn't work at all. It just came up with a number 5 lockdown error all the time. Tried rebooting both the phone and the pc, but nothing helped.
    Last edited by xmadcapx; 05-30-2012 at 01:06 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Still no luck, two separate laptops now. Tried my iPhone 4S and an iPhone 4 now on both laptops. One Windows 7 x64 and my Windows XP work laptop. Using the newly released Absinthe 2.0.4. The Win 7 laptop freezes up and closes when attempting to jailbreak, and the Windows XP laptop comes up with "Error detecting device (lockdown error -5)".

Same error with both devices attempting it on both devices. Fuuuuu- I just want to jailbreak them again!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Aight... What I did was I used Redsn0w to jailbreak the phone, then I activated Rocky Racoon via Cydia. Looks like things are fairly back in order now, even though I'm forced to re-download alot of stuff from Cydia in order to get the phone looking/working the way it was before, but at least it's now JB:ed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Redsn0w doesn't work with the 4S?

Thanks

Only to downgrade
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well that's something to keep in consideration, I suppose. Would be nice if this bloody jailbreak would just work, but hey, can't always get what you want, hey? :P

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swanny246 View Post
    Well that's something to keep in consideration, I suppose. Would be nice if this bloody jailbreak would just work, but hey, can't always get what you want, hey? :P
    glad it worked, sorry I was a bit preoccupied...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yep, eventually got it to work. Ripped my music using iRip to my laptop, and transferred my apps, then backed up my phone to iTunes and iCloud, then followed the steps exactly specified here.

1. Make a backup of your device iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the 'Devices' menu and click 'Back Up'.
    2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings General Reset Erase All Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.
    3. Open Absinthe and be sure your are still connected via USB cable to your computer.
    4. Click 'Jailbreak' and wait... just be patient and do not disconnect your device!
    5. Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. To do so, right click on your device name under the 'Devices' menu in the left panel of iTunes and click 'Restore From Backup...' then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device, i.e. apps, photos, etc.)
    6. Thanks for using Absinthe, enjoy your jailbroken iDevice!

Absinthe 2.0.4--- same issue. Completely restores phone to stock. No backup or anything. Open absinthe.... Plug in phone.... Absinthes Hates me still.... Absinthe closes. Still having to do this on windows.

LinkBacks (?)