+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEED SERIOUS HELP!!! iPhone 4s 5.1.1 JB, stuck in boot loop and springboard loop!!!!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Ok here is what happened and as much detail as i know: I have an iPhone 4S with 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak by absinthe Im using a Windows 7 computer 64
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default NEED SERIOUS HELP!!! iPhone 4s 5.1.1 JB, stuck in boot loop and springboard loop!!!!
    Ok here is what happened and as much detail as i know:
    I have an iPhone 4S with 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak by absinthe
    Im using a Windows 7 computer 64 bit, and i have a windows 7 32bit desktop
    I DO NOT HAVE ANY SSH blobs

Here is what happened
    This morning I was trying to install PDANet from Cydia, it was having issues installing because I had my Wifi on and for some reason my installs work much better when Im on 3G, well it got errors or whatever and didnt install right and it told me to restart the springboard. So i clicked to restart the springboard and while it had the little white loading circle in the middle, it seemed to have froze or be taking to long. So I decided to just do a hard reset on it. (Sleep/Wake button + Home button for 10 sec). After that when it booted up I got the usual Apple logo, but it seemed to stay on there for a while, then the little white loading circle that I usually only see when I restart the springboard appeared and then just like that it rebooted and went the same process. It has been doing the same thing all day. I cant get to my homescreen at all. I can put it in DFU mode and in Recovery mode
    Here is everything I have tried so far:
    Hard Reset (Sleep/Wake button + Home button for 10 sec) multiple times
    Booting it while holding the Volume Up button down
    I have tried restoring on two different computers using the 5.1.1 ISPW, I updated both computers, I updated both antivirus programs on computers, disabled antivirus, updated itunes, uninstalled itunes and mobile device support, reinstalled itunes and mobile device support.
    When I try restoring in DFU mode I get errors like iTunes error 16xx (usually 1600, 1601, 1602)
    I have tried multiple USB ports and know that my USB cable works perfect
    When I try to restore in recovery mode I always get error 21. And I believe I get error 21 because it is suppose to be in DFU mode when I restore, and the reason I keep getting error 16xx while in DFU mode is because it thinks I am trying to install a custom ISPW.
    I have tried to put it in pwned DFU mode but I do not believe it is support. I have tried accessing the file system and am unable

Here are all the programs I have tried and failed with:
    Redsnow (multiple versions including the very latest)
    Tiny Umbrella
    Disk Aid
    iExplorer
    iREB

Nothing I have found is able to access the file system while it is in boot loop, DFU mode, or Recovery mode, and nothing I have found supports the iPhone 4S on 5.1.1
    Please, anybody, help me???

EVO
    Thanks

why are you trying to restore to a custom firmware?

Baseband preservation is not yet supported for 4s devices yet.

make sure to check your HOSTS file and ensure that the host entry "gs.apple.com" is either commented out with a # in front or deleted. Then save it!

Then restore to a STOCK ISPW

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OMW! It is finally restoring! in process right now!!! I can not believe I overlooked the host file, SO EASY! I have literally spent hours trying to fix this! You are amazing sir! Thank you!

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kpkacts238 View Post
    OMW! It is finally restoring! in process right now!!! I can not believe I overlooked the host file, SO EASY! I have literally spent hours trying to fix this! You are amazing sir! Thank you!
    you owe me $20

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Defintely cant thank you enough. If I had $20 to spend I defintely would send it to u! Thanks again!

EVO
    Thanks

no problem,

I am glad someone was articulate in describing their issues. A lot of people vaguely describes their issues and what they have tried, and it is difficult for us to help them as we dont know what they did.

Any time you need assistance again, describe the issues as detailed as you did here, and we will most likely help you resolve the issue faster

Have fun!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default constant reboot
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post

make sure to check your HOSTS file and ensure that the host entry "gs.apple.com" is either commented out with a # in front or deleted. Then save it!

I need YOUR HELP. i HAVE iphone 4S. 5.1.1. i JAILBROK IT YESTERDAY WITH ABSINTHE AND IT WAS WORKING FINE. TODAY IT GOT FROZEN ON THE LOCK SCREEN AND KEEPS REBOOTING EVERY FIVE MINUTES. I CANNOT CLICK ANY BUTTON. IT WONT EVEN TURN OFF IF I HOLD THE POWER BUTTON. I TRIED TO RESTORE IT THROUGH ITUNES BUT EVERYTIME IT SAYS 17 HOURS REMAINING FOR DOWNLOADING SOFTWARE AND "CONNECTION TIMED OUT"

I HAVE NO GS.APPLE.COM IN MY HOST FILES
    I NEED YOUR HELP

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by etab83 View Post
    I need YOUR HELP. i HAVE iphone 4S. 5.1.1. i JAILBROK IT YESTERDAY WITH ABSINTHE AND IT WAS WORKING FINE. TODAY IT GOT FROZEN ON THE LOCK SCREEN AND KEEPS REBOOTING EVERY FIVE MINUTES. I CANNOT CLICK ANY BUTTON. IT WONT EVEN TURN OFF IF I HOLD THE POWER BUTTON. I TRIED TO RESTORE IT THROUGH ITUNES BUT EVERYTIME IT SAYS 17 HOURS REMAINING FOR DOWNLOADING SOFTWARE AND "CONNECTION TIMED OUT"

I HAVE NO GS.APPLE.COM IN MY HOST FILES
    I NEED YOUR HELP

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE
    download the 5.1.1 firmware from iclarified

put the phone in DFU mode by holding the POWER BUTTON + HOME BUTTON for 8 seconds, let go of the POWER BUTTON but keep holding the HOME BUTTON for about 10 seconds

open itunes and it should say your phone is in recovery mode, then hold the SHIFT key + click RESTORE and point it to the firmware you downloaded

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Helppppp!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post

Can you please help me! i have a iphpne 4s like this guy and i just jailbroke it this morning.... it is stuck on the springboard reloading icon and i dont know what to do! i downloaded SBrotator from cydia and it got stuck after respringing it.. i dont know what to do even after reading the earlier comments!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,663 Times in 5,929 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons View Post
    Can you please help me! i have a iphpne 4s like this guy and i just jailbroke it this morning.... it is stuck on the springboard reloading icon and i dont know what to do! i downloaded SBrotator from cydia and it got stuck after respringing it.. i dont know what to do even after reading the earlier comments!
    Hold power and home button down together and force a hard reboot.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Hold power and home button down together and force a hard reboot.
    Okay, i did that and it booted back up.. after the apple logo.. it comes back to the same thing it was doing beforehand, the respring icon is up..

Wait new story! it let me back into my iphone 4s.. but im in safe mode.... just a minute ago i pressed the reset button, (as to reset and get out of safe mode like it told me) and when i did so, it got stuck respringing itself again! after about 15 minutes, it will let me back into my iphone... but its still in safe mode, what do i do?
    Last edited by Horizons; 08-02-2012 at 09:26 PM.

EVO
    Thanks

Okay, i did that and it booted back up.. after the apple logo.. it comes back to the same thing it was doing beforehand, the respring icon is up..

Wait new story! it let me back into my iphone 4s.. but im in safe mode.... just a minute ago i pressed the reset button, (as to reset and get out of safe mode like it told me) and when i did so, it got stuck respringing itself again! after about 15 minutes, it will let me back into my iphone... but its still in safe mode, what do i do?
    I apologize for leaving you in the dark bud, have you resolved this issue yet?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    I apologize for leaving you in the dark bud, have you resolved this issue yet?
    Im sorry.. its fine, but yes i did come to the conclusion, when i downloaded lockinfo (cracked), it installed a package that is needed to run lockinfo. But the package wasnt cracked..

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

I would suggest deleting the cracked
    Apps ya have on ya phone it's just gonna git worse and gonna be restoring soon if ya don't.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,663 Times in 5,929 Posts

Im sorry.. its fine, but yes i did come to the conclusion, when i downloaded lockinfo (cracked), it installed a package that is needed to run lockinfo. But the package wasnt cracked..
    Just one of many reasons not to pirate apps.

EVO
    Thanks

*shakes head & finger*

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Time to git out the rice!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same problem as this chap. I search my HOSTS file and gs.apple.com is no where to be found.
    First I got the error code 3194. So I used TinyUmbrella and now I get error code 11. Which told me to make sure and delete gs.apple.com, but I can't find that entry.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Please help
    Help me please.... yesterday I downloaded sms+ from cydia and now my iphone 4s wont turn on... it keeps showing the apple and then the little circle loading sign.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

need help!!
    my iphone 4s had auto entered recovery mode after it completed downloading ios6 update.
    tinyumbrella etc didn't seemed to work!!!
    please help...