+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error 2001 when trying to restore? Iphone 4s

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I was assembling the iphone 4s from a screen change and I decided to test it after I put on the battery. With the battery, it stays on the apple
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Error 2001 when trying to restore? Iphone 4s
    I was assembling the iphone 4s from a screen change and I decided to test it after I put on the battery. With the battery, it stays on the apple logo for 13 seconds, turns off for 5, and turns back on for 13 and so on. I thought, it might be a battery issue, so when I tried to turn it on with the charger, it produced the same result. Seeming like a software issue, I tried restoring it, which ended up with a 2001 error then restart into the apple logo. I decided to take apart everything but the motherboard and screen + charger, and now it is stuck on DFU mode, ushering a restore, gets stuck at preparing Iphone for restore/verifying info, flashes white, turns on white logo, and is stuck on DFU mode again.

Is it a software or a hardware problem? Any ideas for a solution?

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackeast33 View Post
    I was assembling the iphone 4s from a screen change and I decided to test it after I put on the battery. With the battery, it stays on the apple logo for 13 seconds, turns off for 5, and turns back on for 13 and so on. I thought, it might be a battery issue, so when I tried to turn it on with the charger, it produced the same result. Seeming like a software issue, I tried restoring it, which ended up with a 2001 error then restart into the apple logo. I decided to take apart everything but the motherboard and screen + charger, and now it is stuck on DFU mode, ushering a restore, gets stuck at preparing Iphone for restore/verifying info, flashes white, turns on white logo, and is stuck on DFU mode again.

Is it a software or a hardware problem? Any ideas for a solution?
    The first thing is did you verify all connections properly seated?

In order to determine software or hardware, you must try a couple methods to see if it can actually restore and replicate the issue with automatic powering itself off...

tell us the method exactly of how you are restoring and we can help you AT LEAST with the restore issue..