Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can I get rid of an over the air downloaded update which has not been installed?

Default How can I get rid of an over the air downloaded update which has not been installed?
    I recently got my iphone 4s. It came with 5.01on it but the 'helpful sales guy decided to download 5.1 over the air, but it was not installed due to lack of battery power. I have succeeded in jailbreaking on 5.01, but every time I reboot or respring I get a message with a 10 second countdown saying it will automatically update to 5.1 which I do not want. I have to watch for the message every time and be sure to press "Later" to stop it. How can I get this update off of the phone? Would a restore through iTunes to the factory 5.01 firmwar efile and then a re-jailbreak fix this? Or is there an easier or better way?

Thanks

Try getting noOTA update from cydia. Check if it works
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Try getting noOTA update from cydia. Check if it works
    Thanks for your reply. I had tried both "noOTA" and "No Update" from Cydia, and while they did seem to be able to block OTA downloads and installs, neither helped stop the phones attempts to auto-update from the file that was already on the phone. Good news is that while searching Cydia for something that would help I found "Software Update Killer" which actually removed the update files. (I checked this through OpenSSH and they are now gone.) I can now reboot / respring without the phone trying to update itself. Thanks again for trying to help me!

Thanks

Glad you fixed it
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide