Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trying to use Tiny Umbrella to save shsh blogs for my current firmware 5.1 on my 3Gs

Default Trying to use Tiny Umbrella to save shsh blogs for my current firmware 5.1 on my 3Gs
    I am using the latest Tiny Umbrella release to save blogs for 5.1, my current firmware since I don't want to go to 5.1.1 if I have to restore.

When I save my blogs, Tiny list the saved blog file as 5.1.1. If that indicates it did not save the 5.1 blog why am I not able to save blogs for 5.1 Is it possible that Tiny is naming the blog 5.1.1 but is really 5.1? When Apple stops signing 5.1, I need to be able to restore this fw without issues.

Why is this happening?

Thanks for any input.

Thanks

You can't anymore. Apple is not signing that firmware anymore so you can't save the blobs for it
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks Celeron, crap!

So even if i have backup in itunes that I did today with 5.1, I would not be able to restore from this backup and retain 5.1? Any options available through a custom firmware for 5.1?

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by X242 View Post
    Thanks Celeron, crap!

So even if i have backup in itunes that I did today with 5.1, I would not be able to restore from this backup and retain 5.1? Any options available through a custom firmware for 5.1?

Thanks!!
    no you cannot restore back to 5.1 period, the backup has nothing to do with the 5.1 firmware, it only retains your contacts, music, etc...

you dont have blobs, you cannot restore

Thanks 6th day, really appreciate that.

Do you know if there is a possibility that iFaith will work with 5.1 to extract the blobs from the installed firmware, or at least that is the iFaith claim?

Thanks

6th day,
    If I restore my 3gs to original settings, would I then be forced to upgrade from 5.1 to 5.1.1?

Thanks
    Last edited by X242; 05-20-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by X242 View Post
    Thanks 6th day, really appreciate that.

Do you know if there is a possibility that iFaith will work with 5.1 to extract the blobs from the installed firmware, or at least that is the iFaith claim?

Thanks

6th day,
    If I restore my 3gs to original settings, would I then be forced to upgrade from 5.1 to 5.1.1?

Thanks
    yes that is correct, if you want to restore, you can only go UP, unless you have blobs, then you can go DOWN

7. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

X242 (05-21-2012)

Thanks again, sorta felt that would be the case. Therefore, when there a JB for 5.1 untethered, I'll likely no JB until there is one for 5.1.1 as well just in case.

Thanks

Update now to 5.1.1, the 5.1.1 untether is just a few days away. There won't be 5.1 untether
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide